rumors of a new c140 (Jan-2008)

Discussion in 'Acer (Gateway)' started by mo0osah, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mo0osah

mo0osah Pen Pal - Newbie

i think i'm just gonna accept my shipment and later when 65nm processors get cheaper, i'll just stick in a 2.4

2. mo0osah

mo0osah Pen Pal - Newbie

will penryn fit in the current mobo?

3. nikecar

nikecar Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

if its within the 15 days, a sales person if you feel the scratch reduces your enjoyment of the unit and want to return it. Tech support if you want to keep it and need someone to replace the screen.

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

Noticed this on Gateways site today: :)

Gateway® C Series
    The innovative Gateway® C-140 / C-141 performance convertible notebooks deliver outstanding value in a 14-inch widescreen. They combine a notebook’s power and graphics performance with the pen-and-paper ease of a tablet PC and the advanced features of Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium. Plus, you'll get more than 10 hours of battery lifea and wireless freedom to revolutionize the way you spend your day and play.

5. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Looks like they are going away from the 10 model number jump to a single number jump. E.g., CX200 to CX210X; now it's C-140X to C-141X.

6. christian15213

christian15213 Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anybody watched "The Ringer" Remember when they came back from sneaking out and he said, "I dunno we went out for ice cream. Ice CREAM!!! When da FACK we GET ICECREAM!!!)

10 hours of battery life "When DA FACK DID we GET 10 HOURS of BATTERY LIFE?" :D

7. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

Perhaps with the 12-cell standard and 6-cell modular bay battery will you probably get up to 10 hours. I see that as being feasible only if you minimize wireless radios (Bluetooth, WiFi), the screen brightness to low, and you're not doing anything intensive except for maybe inking in OneNote or typing up a Word document.

Realistically, I see that battery combo providing 7-8 hours of total battery life -- but it will be a bit on the heavy side.

8. chriscannon

chriscannon Proud Member of the PFJ! Senior Member

yeah with 6 cell on power saver doing not much, i get a lil over 6 hours aparently... so 12 cell should get 12 hours?

9. christian15213

christian15213 Scribbler - Standard Member

come on. no... I have twelve cells and it doesn't come close to this. But the new battery technology that will come out in a couple of years will be awesome.

10. jcbeebe

jcbeebe Pen Pal - Newbie

HAHA, nice!!

Has anyone thought about or tried to install a penryn processor in the C-140x yet?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.