Rumor - Leaked Spec of the Lumia 940 and 940 XL Win 10 Phones

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Just waiting patiently. It's my daughter that is the problem. She wants my 928. She keeps cracking the display of her 4s and wants something more solid. I would like to hear about the phones when W10 is released. Please.

2. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

The 928 is a 920 but from a Provider? I only know the 920, 925 and 930... But yes, I do like the sturdyness of my 920. Maybe I'll use it for my workphone if I got the mythical 940 (I got a phone from work, but as they only have android smartphones, I opted for a simple Nokia)

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

The 928 is a 920 variant for Verizon. It is a solid phone. I like my windows phone but I have a nagging feeling that the OS has a questionable future and I wonder if I wouldn't just be better off getting used to Android on a Note 4. The latest moves with Nokia don't leave me with a lot of confidence. http://www.fudzilla.com/news/38187-ballmer-s-nokia-obsession-turns-sour-for-Microsoft

I'll be waiting to see what happens in the next few weeks with the release of W10. Hopefully, we'll hear about the Lumia soon. Before Microsoft wipes out the last vestiges of the company in its ranks.

Since Drawboard is a Metro App., would it naturally work on a windows phone?

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

WindowsCentral seems to think that there might be an x86 Windows 10 phone sometime next year:

http://www.windowscentral.com/nadella-if-oems-dont-build-windows-phones-we-will

The short answer is no. The longer answer is that the majority of the coding is done to make it into a Universal app, but they still would have to do some work to update to slightly modified UWP APIs and also do some UI work to scale that down to a phone.

5. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I cannot do it. I'll use the iPhone 6 plus for messing around but I couldn't replace the 1520. It's just a better hardware device.

6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

I know we've been talking about phones a little in the SP4 prediction thread, but here seemed more appropriate.

http://www.windowscentral.com/microsoft-cityman-and-talkman-flagship-full-details

So it will apparently have an N-trig digitizer but not an integrated pen.

7. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Does integrated pen mean, S-Pen style (where it has its own dedicated silo) like the note series?

Sigh: just read the article... Its the same pen that we use for the Surface. Come on...

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

9. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

So did they forgo the 940 model and go straight to the 950? Or is the 940 still around but a mid range non flag ship phone now?

10. mgerbasio

mgerbasio Scribbler - Standard Member

Latest rumor is the 940 will be skipped and direct to the 950.

soh5 likes this.