Rumor - Leaked Spec of the Lumia 940 and 940 XL Win 10 Phones

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcoupe

gcoupe Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I second the vote for the 1020 camera grip. And the 1020 has a wrist strap attachment point. Do other phones have this simple, practical, feature?

2. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The 1020 followed me around Europe and, despite having to wait a couple of seconds to launch the camera, every single photo from all the trips was taken with it. Fantastic camera.

Other phones probably don't have the feature but, as is often the case, Ms probably won't ever make a new one. They have the number of sales and time will tell.

Just messing with a GoPro Hero 3+... Seems like a nice camera. (Although the video I'm getting is nowhere near as nice as some videos so I'm sure that things are improved within an application)

P.s. People have commented about the video on the 1020. They seem to appreciate the quality.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Had the opportunity to try out the camera on a Lumia Icon this weekend, which uses the same 20MP sensor that the 940 and 940XL are rumored to have. It's decent and all, but not nearly the same as my 1020's.

I know that the 1020 is old and slow as molasses now, but even still, it's going to be hard to give up. If the rumors of pen input on the 940XL turn out to be true, then that's a tradeoff I'm willing to make, but otherwise, I'll probably be holding onto my 1020 until they release a proper successor (and hopefully they have an option of one of those with a pen too).

4. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

I'm sure this newer model will be better than the Icon/1520 due to newer & updated processing, software, and maybe even glass & sensor.

5. jhoff80

True, but all the processing and optics improvements in the world aren't going to make it come close to what I already have with the 1020's sensor that is nearly double the size. I'm sure the 940 and 940XL's cameras (rumored to be 20MP and 1/2.5" just like the Icon's) will be good, but I'm used to great.

6. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

The same camera is on the 1520 and it took great photos last year on my British Island Vacation last year.... better than my wife's point and shoot digital she took...

7. jhoff80

And yet not as good as the 1020 would've been. :D

jnjroach likes this.
  8. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

9. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's nearly too late... for me anyway.

I ordered two phones today, the iphone 6 plus and a Lumia 930, to see which will replace my 1520. (Keeping the 1020 for photo duty). Now, of course, I know that the battery on the iphone 6 plus isn't as good, the microphones aren't as good and, heck, the speaker isn't as good, but I'm tired of waiting for something sexy.

You do NOT keep customers waiting especially with phones. Phone tech keeps on advancing and MS should never, ever, EVER, have let the 1020 tech slip like they have. The 1520 IS a great phone but I just want a new 1020. Sold my iPad this week so the iPhone 6 plus will fill two voids.

Remember people... It's all about ME! So what if the 1020 didn't sell TRILLIONS. I want a new one.

Throws toy from Pram.

jhoff80 likes this.
  10. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

I'll have my current 920 2 years this September so I can wait till September :p But I really hope they'll make an announcement at the official "opening" of Windows 10.

Bronsky likes this.