Rumor - Leaked Spec of the Lumia 940 and 940 XL Win 10 Phones

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bloodycape

bloodycape confused Senior Member

One could always forgo the pen and go LG G4 route, which has both removable battery and SD slot(G3 also had it, as did the Korean market G2, which also had a smaller battery and than the non-removable one the G2 got).

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

http://liliputing.com/2015/08/micro...ce-tool-for-bringing-ios-apps-to-windows.html

More and more there is little reason to be with iOS or Android only now. With the high possibility of many of the "popular" apps to cross over from iOS/Android to Windows this offers a lot of flexibility to windows users.

I for one am thinking very strongly about getting a windows phone now, since my experience with the build quality has been pleasant (@Bronsky, I agree with your sentiment about windows phones, particularly the lumias... I've dropped mine in the past and came away unscathed, they are built like tanks, where as I feel like I am carrying around a glass slipper with my iPhone 5).

I hate using iTunes to sync my phone, in fact I hate iTunes in general. Its slow, very clunky, at least on windows. I just want to drag and drop photos and music to and from file systems.

With the microSD card slot still staying in the 950/950XL and the possibility of a removable battery (No need for external battery packs), and having the surface pen (I see this as a bonus now) to write directly onto the phone, I think the wait till November will be worth it.

Not to mention, I've always enjoyed live tiles on my phones, I just need a starbucks app on the Windows phone, then I am good to go.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

And therein lies the problem - MS is trying to make it easier to "port" to Windows Mobile, but everything gets developed first on iOS, then eventually Android. By time they migrate (if they do) to Windows, V2, 3, and 4 have already rolled out to iPhone, with v2 and maybe v3 headed to Android....

4. XJ12

XJ12 Scribbler - Standard Member

stay the course. iPhones remind me of the time when everyone was running around with Palm Pilots. Then it was BlackBerry's. Fads. They come and go. next Fad is anyone's guess. I remember when calculators were $400 (like $1500 today). Now they give away calculators that are solar powered that have more functions then those early ones. phones and computers are headed to the same fate. everyone is going to struggle when this happens. margins will be nill. this is why everyone is trying to dump hardware divisions and provide a "service" to add value. only problem, is no one wants to pay and seem to be okay with advertising and loss of privacy. now a few compaines are going to make millions on selling razor blades (cheap, disposable devices).

5. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

It's not Windows Phone. I don't care one bit about Android. Otherwise I'd have bought the Galaxy Note 3 (which was the one available when I bought my first smartphone)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.