Rumor - Leaked Spec of the Lumia 940 and 940 XL Win 10 Phones

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Isn't that where they found...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mesosphere likes this.
  2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Well based on the rumors, screen shots, and speculations...

The next phone in line for me is the Galaxy Note 5 or the 950 XL. I want a pen enabled device for on the go note taking.

While the 950 might have sexy camera spec's and better integration in W10, I do want that stick in silo (much to the lament of @dstrauss)

I really do hope that the surface pen ISNT the solution to the 950XL inking, and do hope that the producers and engineers realize that carrying a pen that big around with a phone is just not a good solution.

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

dstrauss and Bronsky like this.
  5. Bronsky

Yea. Couldn't resist posting the Norwegian version. Was surprised to find that the movie had been knocked-off by Norwegians. And, yes, it was the North Pole, which is not technically Alaska.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
  6. NamelessPlayer

NamelessPlayer Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

My Note 4 doesn't feel fragile, unless you mean something like the metal frame getting all scuffed and scratched up. But I don't have to worry too much about a drop causing serious damage.

However, I should note that I do keep it in an OtterBox Commuter case and also threw on a tempered glass screen protector, just to be sure. I'm not taking chances after the Galaxy S3 that preceded it took a dive onto asphalt and the cheap case I had on did not sufficiently protect it. Got a nick on the glass surface (but thankfully not over the screen or the front camera) and a nasty dent in the corner from it, but it was still fully functional.

70 Mbps UP!? I'd practically kill for that kinda upload bandwidth here, because neither AT&T nor Comcast offers anywhere near that much in this neighborhood! It might actually be enough to get away with hosting some dedicated game servers for once, at least for the games that still let you do that.

Seriously, this is what I get now:
    [​IMG]

You have no idea what I'd do for some 100/100Mbps fiber at competitive prices around here. Google Fiber expanding into Atlanta gives me a tinge of hope, but I'm probably still too far away from the big city to actually get covered here.

I also hope the Surface Pen isn't the solution to an extent, but for another reason: the initial activation force on the SP3's pen was hideously stiff for someone used to Wacom and their light IAF.

I'm already kinda used to keeping the bulky Axiotron Studio Pen in my pocket, so that's surprisingly not the issue for me. (Too bad I can't use it on the Note 4 because it's too inaccurate if tilted, and the Note 4 actually does have pen tilt sensitivity. Clover Paint can use it for brush rotation.)

7. soh5

8. Bronsky

Yea. Was not happy about that.

soh5 likes this.
  9. soh5

I do not have 24/7 access (like most) to a wifi hot spot/access point, nor do I want to upload or stream my music over the expensive LTE connection. Sometimes I just want to use my data plan for when I absolutely need to use it., I am pretty frugal with my data plan.

no micro SD card just made me annoyed at a company who poked fun at apple for not including one in their flag ship line for years.

dstrauss likes this.
  10. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Does that imply that you can't switch battery either?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.