Rumor - Leaked Spec of the Lumia 940 and 940 XL Win 10 Phones

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by jnjroach, Jun 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mesosphere

Mesosphere Geek. Senior Member

Well of course. That's why we put our tallest mountain there.

soh5 likes this.
  2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

That must be where Sarah Palin's residence must be. :)

3. Mesosphere

Nah, she is my grandma's neighbor down in Wasilla. There also happens to be a rather large mountain range blocking her view to the East, so she must have some sort of telescope + reflector setup... a second reflector on a satellite is probably also involved =)

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Ehhh, wouldn't she be facing west when looking at Russia? Or maybe NW?

5. Mesosphere

Um... yes the mountain range is to the west =P Wasilla actually has mountains on all sides though.

6. Sweetpea8472

Sweetpea8472 Scribbler - Standard Member

And the Netherlands has 400/km^2...

And to go completely off-topic: I"d love to go to Alaska one day... There's only one big problem, it's part of the US... And the Americans try to make it their potential visitors as difficult as possible, even at the country of that visitor's native home country.

---

So, today is the official launch of Windows 10, I wonder if we'll get some more news about Windows Phone 10 and more importantly of the new Lumias...

Mesosphere and Kumabjorn like this.
  7. Kumabjorn

I know the feeling, I used to go every two years or so, but 2004 was the last time. Going from Denver, CO to Naples, FL I saw the lady behind the ticket counter draw a big diagonal like with a red marker. Then at the gate it was behind a screen, of with shoes and a lot of other stuff and a decidedly unamerican unfriendly attitude.

Balbutio ergo sum

8. Mesosphere

It is a nice place to visit, but 7-8 month long Winters with several cold snaps that drop to 40 below (... and below) gets old after awhile (I lived there for 5 years). Airport and Visa security is pretty overbearing, but I always got the impression that the people there were welcoming... of Europeans at least. There are quite a few Europeans living there (at least that was my impression), particularly from Norway and such.

I was supposed to go up there this winter, but NASA just delayed our rocket launch by a year (insufficient man power to support all the launches scheduled this year)...

9. Kumabjorn

Aren't there any space related research stations up there? In Sweden it is located in Kiruna, week above the polar circle.

Balbutio ergo sum

10. Mesosphere

Yea, I was there for my undergrad (the 5 years), that's how I got into Space Science (which is actually the study of the upper atmosphere, ionosphere and magnetosphere, not Astronomy/Astrophysics). On the satellite project that makes up most of my work, we have a few collaborators in Stockholm University... although they are German for the most part.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.