Rotation and Button Questions

Discussion in 'HP Elitebooks' started by smaug, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smaug

smaug Pen Pal - Newbie

I'm a new user with the 2740p and had a few questions I was hoping someone here could help me with:

The display auto rotation is very laggy. Every other tablet I've owned rotated really quickly, but I find I am waiting 3-4 seconds for the screen to auto rotate.

The rotate button rotates it through all 4 rotations even though only primary and secondary are enabled in preferences. Am I missing something somewhere?

Thank you!

2. smaug

smaug Pen Pal - Newbie

Oh, sorry, one more thing. I've found the hacks on here that open up more of the hard wired buttons to assignment via the settings - how do I assign the Q menu to one of those? (What were they thinking here btw? Hard wiring a button to software install????)

3. homek

homek Pen Pal - Newbie

How exactly did you remap the hard wired buttons? I cannot find any information.

4. Incitatus

Incitatus Scribbler - Standard Member

I'm not sure why they enabled rotating to all 4 orientations, while not allowing 2 of those orientations directly by any other means.

But Yes, I'll agree, it is extremly laggy while waiting for the auto-roate. On ocassion I've found the display auto-rotating itself to primary portrait, upon docking with a slimdock.

Remapping the buttons is something I am very interested in, aswell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.