rotate webcam in portrait

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by thierryb, Mar 10, 2010.

1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

how to rotate webcam to do skype in portrait orientation

2. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry to bother you.
    I really like my Tm2 and since 3 weeks I have it, it became my first pc, always in slate mode, in portrait orientation (much more friendly with the solution provided here to keep this position in slate).
    The main reason I go back to PC mode is when I do skype. if i do not all my collegues will see me 90 degree on the right.
    Do you think I can find a tool that from the video of the webcam a quarter on the right or left before sending the signal.
    Thank you in advance.

3. Yoish

Yoish Pen Pal - Newbie

I know that many webcams have settings that can change the orientation. Once, while chatting with a friend on skype she played with her settings and showed up sideways. Lol. I can't tell you specifically how to do it though because I don't have my tm2 yet. Sorry...

4. beckyb

beckyb Scribbler - Standard Member

I have not even been able to find the webcam software on my tm2. I don't use Skype, but would like to at least use the webcam to take some quick video and pictures that I could email.

Update:
    I just downloaded the software from Softpedia (SP43909.exe) and it worked like a charm. Now why did HP not include the software with the factory load? I couldn't even find it with the drivers and software on the HP website.

The software has options for flipping the image, but I can't find anything for rotating :(