Ritescript Introduces Ritepen 3.0

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by leo99, Jun 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbconley

nbconley Pen Pal - Newbie

Ritescript® just announced immediate availability of ritePen® 3.0 software, the newest version of its popular handwriting recognition and intelligent desktop navigation application.

New feature highlights of ritePen 3.0 include:

• Handwritten shortcuts: Users can assign abbreviated names to favorite websites, application and document launch, and output of long standard texts. Simply writing and circling the abbreviation opens the document or website, or enters a signature, prescription or other common text into a document.

• Fully Editable User Dictionary: Now users can simply type in or paste new words into fully editable custom user dictionary. The software will automatically check for the presence of added words in the main ritePen dictionary and avoid duplications.

• Import of New Dictionary Entries from Documents: Industry specific and user defined words such as medical terms or personal abbreviations can now be imported into ritePen’s custom user dictionary directly from generic text files such as clinical reports, saved emails, educational materials, web pages and other sources.

• Enhanced Text Input: Text entry into “modal” dialog windows is enabled, including ritePen’s own settings.

• Enhanced Intelligent Navigation: ritePen recognizes more application elements intended for navigation and manipulation, allowing continued seamless pen workflow when users are navigating an application versus writing text.

• Italian Handwriting Recognition: Support for Italian language has been added; ritePen now recognizes unrestricted handwriting in English, French, German, Italian, Russian, and Spanish languages.

• Online Auto-Upgrade System: ritePen automatically checks for upgrades on the company back-end and delivers available upgrades to qualifying users.

A free 30-day trial version can be downloaded from the company website at www.ritescript.com

2. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I like Ritepen, but to be honest I haven't honed my daily use to justify the price yet and I've been using tablets for a few years now. That being said, I can say that for the features, it's a great piece of software if you can make use of them effectively. I find custom pen flicks faster than handwritten shortcuts, but the customizability of the handwritten ones (and the sheer number of possibilities) does make me think twice...

3. Grimnir

Grimnir Think tank & Designer Senior Member

how much is it??

4. quantum

quantum Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

30 bucks... I'd consider it a good buy at around 20 and a deal at 15, and a steal at around 10... But that really underplays the features it has, so I'd say 20 and thereabouts is where I would draw the line.

5. leo99

leo99 Ritescript/EverNote

Please allow me to quote, with author's permission, an email from a long-term ritePen customer who has just purchased 3.0:

"FYI--Version 3's macro capability is a must-have feature! At first, I wasn't too sure whether spending $20 on an upgrade [special offer for users of ritePen 2.5 and earlier versions - leo99] was worth it but having just installed it _today_, I love it so much that I would've paid the full price just for that time-saving feature. I'm still having fun experimenting with it and sighing in relief as it saves me so much scribbling time!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.