ritePen 2.7 released

Discussion in 'Press Releases and Announcements' started by thierryb, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leo99

leo99 Ritescript/EverNote

New version of popular handwriting recognition software, ritePen 2.7 for Windows, has been released on the website http://ritescript.com. The new website is dedicated to EverNote Corp.'s digital ink and recognition software and technologies.

New features of ritePen 2.7 include:
    • Spanish handwriting recognition (ritePen is now available for English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish handwriting recognition; more languages are in the works).
    • Import of large word lists into custom vocabulary to further improve recognition of industry and user specific terms.
    • Advancements in digital ink technology, full-screen writing, desktop integration and remote operation with corporate Citrix and RDP installations.
    • Enhanced Vista compatibility.
    • Multiple fixes and improvements.
    ritePen software has a 30-day trial edition.

* Note that full version of ritePen comes pre-loaded and bundled on CD-ROM with many models of pen devices, including Fujitsu LifeBook P1500/P1600, Dialogue FlyBook, Hitachi StarBoard, Luidia eBeam, etc.; please check your hardware prior to downloading and installing the trial version.

leo99

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. leo99

leo99 Ritescript/EverNote

I am a bit surprised that our courtesy announcement of new release of the ritePen software has been labeled "spam", "phishing", etc. :) Most Tablet PC sites have posted our announcement about ritePen 2.7 and have had interesting and helpful discussions on its features (see GottaBeMobile and other sites).

Those who closely follow the Tablet PC, UMPC, electronic whiteboards and other pen industries, know that ritePen software has been on the market for 6+ years, is used by roughly 500K pen-enabled users, is included with every unit of Fujits P500/P1600, Dialogue FlyBook, Luidia eBeam, Hitachi StarBoard, and many other devices. We invite you to visit the site http://ritescript.com for details.

Let me explain some history to avoid confusion about domain names (relevant items are underlined). Pen&Internet division of Parascript, LLC, the original developer of ritePen, has been spun off and joined EverNote Corp. in 2005. Ritescript division of EverNote Corp. is a successor of Pen&Internet. Obviously, there has been some IT work to move corresponding domains to EverNote which you see in the above post.

leo99

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

That clears things up, I've cleaned up the previous replies, as the original post by leo99 is a legit link. My previous reply will remain for a day or two, then wiped away. Apologies for any inconveniences for this. If there are any further problems, please contact me or any other forum staff.

Thanks.

4. erinsabs

erinsabs Pen Pal - Newbie

One of the programs I missed when I switched from a pocket pc to tablet pc was Calligrapher. I was disappointed to find that I couldn't write anywhere on the screen and that I was limited to the TIP.

I tried RitePen previously and if memory serves, I didn't like the few millisecond delay that occurred between me actually writing and RitePen recognizing that I was writing. (Does that make sense?) I would starting writing and RitePen wouldn't recognize that I was writing until I got to the 3rd or 4th letter.

This seems to have been fixed. I'm really like the recognition speed and accuracy of this version. Only problem I'm having is with the backspace gesture and PenFlicks. I turned off PenFlicks - I never really used them anyways.

I've only been playing with this version for a few minutes but I'm thinking this is a keeper.
    erin

5. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I am trying to use RitePen with Windows 8, it works not so bad on desktop but not on the Windows 8 environment.
    We can write directly on the screen and where we want.
    The main issueis to optimize the different parameters.
    And the last but not the least, Evernote does not sale anymore RitePen.

6. nicopizza

nicopizza Pen Pal - Newbie

how were you able to run it on win 8? compatibility mode?
    i did try to install it and indeed it worked at first, but then it stopped working and i had to make a system restore...
    since i do not have a legit key and evernote does not sell any, i was trying to use "time stopper" to be able to use it for longer than 30 days (i know it is not legal, but does anybody have any suggestion?)... maybe this could be the reason is stopped working...

thanks for any suggestion on how to make it work on win 8... i really miss this piece of software on my tabletpc (like i miss the awesome little "magic formation")

7. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I have done nothing except to install it.
    Sometimes it stops working.I just restart it.
    the main issue is that it will stop to work in 20 days.
    I hope evernote will accept to sale me one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.