RIP Surface Go OG

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by Bishop, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Bishop

Bishop Scribbler - Standard Member

Well, I managed to conduct an unscheduled drop test on my SG yesterday. 4.5 ft down to concrete driveway landing on the upper right corner.

Case cracked open, cracked screen, booting but no keyboard or touch. And the last round of updates had improved inking so much. :(

Guess I'll unpack my Samsung Galaxy Book 12 and get it updated. Suddenly much more interested in the October Microsoft Surface Event.

Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  2. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Sorry to hear that. I would have suspected you pulled a Bronsky on it, but that'd be far-fetched since no one's sure what October will bring.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I want picture proof that there is no tire tracks

Tams, soh5, lovelaptops and 2 others like this.
  4. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Ugh that sucks. I did a similar drop test of the Galaxy Book 2 the other day. 3ft drop onto kitchen tiles. Thankfully the tiles are OK, that thing is dense! :p Corners a little flattened, no loss in functionality. I definitely lucked out! Hopefully you can still connect an external usb keyboard and use the SD card to copy your files off the device.

5. Bishop

Beauty of OneNote and OneDrive. Almost no created material on that device is stranded.

lovelaptops, Bronsky and JoeS like this.
  6. Bishop

Oh Ye of little faith …

7. desertlap

desertlap Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Man sorry about that.

I don't know how long you have had your Go, but if it's less than a year, it might be less expensive than you'd think to fix it. I'd contact MS directly and be honest about what happened and ask what your options are.

We have had a few of our customers who also had their Go die by misadventure. One got a replacement unit for the cost of the MS extended warranty and the other got his fixed for just the cost of parts, no labor. I'm sure it would help to tell them how much you love and depend on your Go.

8. Bishop

Great thought. Unfortunately, already checked. Outside all the "windows" (see what I did there?) anyone was willing to discuss stretching. Thanks though.

nnthemperor likes this.
  9. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

On a second thought, I think I'm with big brother Dale on this. The council needs that proof to approve purchase of a new device come October. Sorry, @Bishop

Sent from my SM-P205 using Tapatalk

10. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

Wow that is terrible. Sorry to hear about that. Sure cleared the way for an updated Go this October. Hope there is one.:vbrolleyes:

This sure is a tough crowd.