Reviewer Requests and Questions

Discussion in 'HP Slate' started by dstrauss, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Ok - post the requests, follow-up questions, and comments here!

2. everunman

everunman Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, id like to know the boot times from cold and hibernation, and what the battery loss is overnight if you hibernate, thanks

3. johnmcd

johnmcd Scribbler - Standard Member

4. TheWerewolf

TheWerewolf Care for a bite?

Can the pen do pressure?

Quick check - do you get pressure in Paint in Win7?

Is the power brick and the charge cable (the one that goes into the dock orthe slate) integrated? Or can you use the dock cable with other power bricks such as third party units?

A photo of the power brick would be very nice.

5. shmuelzon

shmuelzon Scribbler - Standard Member

Hey,

How many touch points does the screen support? 2 or 4?

Thanks

6. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

According to the N-trig site, the duosense screen can do four. If you install their N-act software, you can do some neat things.

Four fingers tap arranged in a squire (probably takes two hands unless your a Vulcan) to magnify a region. Four finger tap and hold to snag a snapshot of part of the screen.

Four fingers tap arranged in a line to get a menu of things to do with selected text
    Four finger swipe up or down to go to top or bottom of a document.

Three finger double tap to minimize all windows
    Three finger swipe down to minimize window
    Three finger swipe left or right to cycle through open documents of an application

Three finger tap to display carousel of windows
    Three finger tap and hold to rotate carousel of windows

Two finger double tap to get a touch friendly context menu.
    Two finger tap and hold to get touch friendly context menu that requires second hand to select item.

Has anyone tried N-act yet? What did you think? I'm wondering if the bewildering array of gestures will be too confusing.

7. shmuelzon

shmuelzon Scribbler - Standard Member

I've actually tried the N-Act on my Dell XT2.
    Uninstalled it after a few hours.
    It's nice to play with it and see the different options, but it was a bit too much for me.

Maybe it'll be more useful on the slate that has no keyboard and less hardware buttons, but I didn't like the 3 extra processes running in the background.

8. krelvinaz

krelvinaz Systems Analyst

The power brick that is on the HP site listed as a accessory for the Slate is called HP Mini 40W AC Adapter (BU203AA) on the HP website. They have a small picture of it there.

It is a brick with cords on both ends. The AC side unplugs like other common power bricks do now days.

[​IMG]

9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

A few specific requests:

1. Please assess note taking in OneNote while in portrait mode. I use my devices like a pad of paper most of the time in portrait and I would like to get an idea of how it goes. The screen looks really narrow like my P1620.
    2. Load up RMClock and see how much extension the battery life gets or if the voltage to the processor can take some lowering. As an example, my TC1100 with Win XP without RMClock shows 2.5 hours from a full charge, 4.0 hours with it turned on. My LS800 running Win 7 and the extended battery shows 5.25 hours from a full charge with RMClock off and 6.0 hours with it on. It may be there is more latitude in these old processors than the new ones, especially the Atom.
    3. Load up RocketDock, configure it to be large icons with no shrinkage and see if it makes a good touch screen launcher.
    4. Connect up to a monitor and demo extending the desktop. How does the 500 handle the larger screen? Are there additional video resolutions available?

Thanks in advance!

10. jgjackson

jgjackson Scribbler - Standard Member

I believe that's the wrong adaptor. Those who have ordered it have reported getting one with the wrong connector (round instead of flat).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.