REVIEW: Asus ME400C Aftermarket Case - GTMAX 360 Rotating Case

Discussion in 'Asus' started by eugenekim618, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

Good morning everyone.

Thought I would share my latest purchase.

GTMax Black 360 Degrees Rotating Smart Leather Stand Case Cover plus Laptop Neoprene Zipper Sleeve Case for Asus VivoTab RT TF600T 10.1 inch Windows Tablet [ Automatically Wakes and Puts your Tablet to Sleep]: Amazon.ca: Electronics

Not exactly for the ME400C. But seems to fit pretty nice for an aftermarket case.
    The lip where at the top end of the tablet, where the camera is, lifts a little. But for me, such imperfections are to be expected; #1) Aftermarket, #2) Not for this device specifically.

I've recently been plagued with issues with the tablet not waking up from sleep mode.
    During my investigation, I found that if I put my ME400C in my laptop bag (Small fitted laptop bag for 11" laptop), I found the ME400C would lock up.
    The inside of the laptop bag is lined with memory foam and neoprene.
    I'm beginning to think it's either the neoprene, or the ME400C just does not like to be completely enlcosed.

The tablet works fine in the case. But if I put it in the neoprene baggy this case came with, the tablet is frozen when I take it out after a few min.
    Not 100% sure what it is. The neoprene, pressure along the case somewhere...I dunno.
    I thought maybe the touch screen was super sensitive, but since it's doing this with the case on, and then in the neoprene bag, I think it MIGHT be the neoprene, or pressure somewhere maybe along the bottom of the unit? Again, I dunno. Just speculation.

ANYWAY. The case's fit and finish is acceptable, fits pretty well, feels durable and is decent for the price.
    Cameras on the front and back line up, flash lines up, light sensor lines up, speaker lines up.
    Being that the case if for a the RT and TF series, there is an additional speaker grill.
    Power button, Micro SD slot, Micro USB, Micro HDMI all accessible.
    Volume down is a little covered, but meh. I use the touch screen most of the time anyway.
    Windows button is easily accessible.
    The "bezel" of the case does not exceed the black frame of the screen, so there is none/minimal obstruction.
    The tablet doesn't move around and fits snug.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. eugenekim618

eugenekim618 ME400C Fanboy

Quick edit. I just noticed the title of the Amazon post. This case DOES NOT turn on/off the tablet. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.