Results from the NEW Dell Stylus for the Venue 8 and 11 Pro Tablets

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Techgeek32, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nerdteddy

nerdteddy Scribbler - Standard Member

You have the same problem I have with my Rev A02 pen. It's a nice problem to have.

Mikerman likes this.
  2. SolidSonicTH

SolidSonicTH Pen Pal - Newbie

The stupid pen broke AGAIN in my pocket! I even screwed it together this time to prevent it from flexing too much and it still cracked!

At least this time it still works after the barrel fractured but even so, that is sad. How can something be portable if it breaks in your pocket...

3. JonOs

JonOs Pen Pal - Newbie

OMG! Just got the new stylus from Dell (as per the link below) and it works properly!!! The issue I had with the line drawing and becoming thinner and then breaking within seconds has gone away with it. Although the stylus has the same form as the previous revisions, it's not the same. My package shows a manufacturing date of Oct 2014 and shows it's REV A00 but don't be fooled that it's just the very original stylus model, it's not.

UK: http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=dhs&cs=ukdhs1&sku=750-AAHC

Hopefully I'll see how the battery life fairs over the coming days and weeks, but hopefully this will be good news to many others who've battled away for a long time with their stylus.

4. JonOs

JonOs Pen Pal - Newbie

I got one today - I've had a numer of the previous REV A02's sent to me before by Dell in their hope that it would resolve the issues I faced. They were all useless. This new one is completely different though in that is really works. Well done to Dell in make it visibly different from the previous models, though it physically and operationally is just like the previous versions re. size, weight, buttons, battery. In use, it's really nice and accurate - how it should have been from the start. Can't comment on battery life yet, so just keeping my fingers crossed that that will be good too.

5. nerdteddy

nerdteddy Scribbler - Standard Member

This new post-Oct 2014 stylus has a different part number, 750-AAHC, and it's gray.

There is also a new thread for it:

http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/index.php?threads/64415/

Any discussion referring to this stylus should really be posted on that new thread and not here.

crashsuit and Luft like this.
  6. crashsuit

crashsuit Pen Pal - Newbie

Has anyone here had a chance to try the new stylus in programs like PhotoShop, ArtRage, or Manga Studio, to see how well it works for drawing digital art? If the pressure sensitivity and whatnot is finally on a level with Wacom or N-Trig, I may finally take the plunge and buy one of the V11P models.

7. SuperTwister

SuperTwister Pen Pal - Newbie

I received the new stylus and while it is a definite improvement over the old one, it is still not up to Wacom standards. Writing still does not feel very good, especially when writing math equations. It is not precise enough for that...

I have mostly tried it with OneNote.

8. Taberrific

Taberrific Pen Pal - Newbie

I got one of these recently on clearance (like most things I get). With the latest AAGN (rev00 Dec 2015), I found it works well, but had a serious problem with wavy lines. I downloaded Lazy Nezumi and they disappeared, but it is inconvenient, as you have to hook it every time you start a drawing program to enable the smoothing / correction. It would be great if they could just update the driver to do what Lazy Nezumi does (or something similar) automatically. I would say with that tweak, it's pretty close to a Wacom, although obviously with fewer levels of pressure sensitivity.

So it depends what you need it for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.