Results from the NEW Dell Stylus for the Venue 8 and 11 Pro Tablets

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Techgeek32, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ultra99

ultra99 Scribbler - Standard Member

Guys, do you just simply ask for a new stylus or how does it work?

2. JonOs

JonOs Pen Pal - Newbie

If your device is in warranty, raise an fault with Dell on their website. Describe the issue in minute detail to them - I also did a video of the issue for them. My case has been running for weeks and months. They started by collecting the device and stylus, and replaced the screen and returned it, though they couldn't possibly have tested it to try and recreate the issue that had been described in simple terms to them. Since then, I've had loads of Tweets and EMails, and complained to them. They've offered me a refund on the tablet, which I've turned down unless they will refund the cost of the accessories that I'd bought too. I've challenged them on this, saying that they should be able to fix this or do a complete swap with a working device, but they changed their minds on that on two occassions. I've challenged them to declare it's a design fault and change their advertising etc, and now they're going down this route of sending me this promised (I'll believe it when I see it) A03 stylus. If that clearly fails, then they have to swap for a working one or declare it truly is a design fault. So, be prepared for a drawn out process, but I'm not giving up just yet.

3. winkyeye

winkyeye Pen Pal - Newbie

Where do you go on their website to initiate such a thing? Is there a support number to call or anything like that? I got my stylus back in March and I've gone through 8 or so AAAA batteries and the pen recently started cracking despite very minimal use...

4. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

5. avands

avands Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi. I bought A02 from amazon and its flawlessl
    Could you guys tell me some of the best apps that are compatible with this pen?

6. JonOs

JonOs Pen Pal - Newbie

Am interested in your experiences with Microsoft OneNote when using the stylus to draw. If you put the nib of the stylus on the screen and draw a slow, continuous line that snakes around the screen (emphasis on slow), do you find that the drawn line will break after a number of seconds? Try and draw a continuous line for 20-30 seconds with a smooth slow movement, essentially. With mine, the line starts out OK, but then begins to taper off in thickness and then just stops, even though the nib never leaves the screen. This happens with fresh batteries and has done this consistently with 3 different Rev 02 styluses, and the device itself had the screen replaced after the first stylus, in their attempt to resolve it.

If I download this app (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97577931/P-Test4.zip) and run the same test, I see that the app reports the pressure of the sylus reducing to zero as I repeat the smooth drawing exercise, even though I've not altered the pressure I'm using, nor removed the stylus from the screen.

Am awaiting the delivery of this (alleged) Rev 03 stylus to see if that makes any difference at all.

Can you tell me if your experience is flawless in light of this kind of exercise - would be a useful comparison for me. (Thanks)

7. xchric

xchric Pen Pal - Newbie

exactly the issue i am facing with the stylus i have.

8. JonOs

JonOs Pen Pal - Newbie

The promised stylus from Dell arrived today (the 4th I've now had). This was the second time they'd promised a REV A03 to me, but guess what, when it arrives, the package tells me it's a REV A02 and the date of manufacture is May 2014 (the oldest I've yet been given!) and looks like it's a returned unit from the packaging at the seal on it. Am furious will Dell, who clearly been giving me false stories, so I wrote them a terse response to resolve this or declare that there is fundamental design flaw in their product, asked for this to be escalated as high as it can go and copied in the CEO for good measure. Personally, I think there is a fundamental flaw here, as they would otherwise simply have resolved it by replacing my VP and stylus with one's they'd proven to work and shipped them out. They've also had the evidence to recreate this for the last 2 months, so they could have revised firmware or drivers in that time to address the issue.

9. Mi An

Mi An Pen Pal - Newbie

I went ahead and ordered a firesale ($15) A02. I've never really been super comfortable spending $35 on a stylus when my needs/wants are fairly minimal. Hoping to get lucky I guess.

10. Tbarrows112

Tbarrows112 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.