Results from the NEW Dell Stylus for the Venue 8 and 11 Pro Tablets

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Techgeek32, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tp3

tp3 Pen Pal - Newbie

I just got my A02 today and I have the same complaint: it skips 1 out of 3 letters, or something like that, really sucks!

may need to just send it back and wait for Dell to keep revising the designs until it finally get it right, as the way it is now, this stylus is to be considered defected, even though Dell would not admit that.

As this problem is not rare nor random (otherwise we wouldn't had the same exact experience with this flaw), I wonder why Dell people would continue to manufacture the defected stylus, why wouldn't they halt the production until the problems get fixed?

larsenmm likes this.
  2. Mikerman

Mikerman Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

For those receiving "surprise" (unordered) replacement styluses from Dell: had you earlier purchased the original stylus or the Feb. A01 revision?

3. lafester

lafester Scribbler - Standard Member

I just found a fed ex door tag and was wondering what it was for. Turns out it is for a stylus... I returned mine back in december.
    Guess thats nice of them but it really is a bit too late. I suppose if the v11 pro goes on clearance I may pick one up and see how my new stylus works.

4. P-tab

P-tab Pen Pal - Newbie

Here are my results
    [video=youtube_share;gYT3ZwgbSV8]http://youtu.be/gYT3ZwgbSV8[/video]

5. benny90

benny90 Scribbler - Standard Member

The touch panel and the 'digitizer' on the DV8P are the same component. Synaptics ClearPad I believe. So no, wouldn't be possible.

6. Cirano994

Cirano994 Pen Pal - Newbie

Is the new A02 revision ready to take notes comfortably or are there significant problems yet?

Thanks. :)

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

7. tp3

tp3 Pen Pal - Newbie

May I ask which version of firmware you installed that made the palm rejection work for you? I bought the DV8P last week and I assume it has the latest FW installed, but my palm keeps triggering off the clock adjustment popup, drives me nuts.

8. tp3

tp3 Pen Pal - Newbie

don't know about other people's A02, but mine that I received yesterday skips every other letter or so, if I draw 3 lines, one of them would be blank or partially blank. I consider it unacceptable and will return it for a refund, if updating the FW doesn't solve the problem.

9. SuperTwister

SuperTwister Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all, I received my stylus today, rev A02 made in April 2014.

I am pretty disappointed. Lots of instances where the pen stops writing/being detected. This makes it hard to select text with the lasso tool. Palm rejection is hit or miss and I also have issues with trailing lines (when I remove the pen but it still continues writing for an instant).

I am pretty sure everything is up to date as the My Dell app is not showing any updates.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Osteoman

Osteoman Pen Pal - Newbie

Pardon my ignorance here but where is the setting to turn off the pressure sensitivity in OneNote? Is this in the Metro version? I have been looking for it, without success.

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk