Results from the NEW Dell Stylus for the Venue 8 and 11 Pro Tablets

Discussion in 'Dell' started by Techgeek32, Jan 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAM 2013

SAM 2013 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Do we need to call in the order the March A02 stylus replacement?
    We have received no call from Dell Re the pens,
    as indicated in prior posts

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  2. jw3

jw3 Pen Pal - Newbie

The new rev is not necessarily perfect. I'm suffering some disconnection issues already. One time I have to even pull out the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. sebr

sebr Pen Pal - Newbie

My Rev. A01 is far from perfect either. Let's see if some people review A02 that owned an earlier revision too. I suffer from disconnection issues when using it for longer time as well as the trails on the end of each letter/word. There's plenty of room for improvement ;)

4. benny90

benny90 Scribbler - Standard Member

Very interesting, thanks for the photos.

It's interesting seeing as there are March 2014 R01's (which one person mentioned having issues with), but it's good to see the R02. Hopefully that means more people will get a consistent good experience from them.

5. TalynOne

TalynOne Pen Pal - Newbie

I got an A02 today, so far I'm not impressed with it, when I press down and drag 30% of the time it seems to lose tracking/notice of the pen. I'm hoping it's a dud battery.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
  6. mook0512

mook0512 Pen Pal - Newbie

I received A02 today. I feel A02 is a little bit lighter than A01 and much more comfortable. But can't see any difference in terms of functionality. You won't use this for serious writing. Surface Pro stylus is superb.

7. kaze0

kaze0 Pen Pal - Newbie

Got 2 overnight fedex's from the typical dell shipping area. I'm assuming these are unprompted replacement pens since I ordered two?

8. gobmonster

gobmonster Pen Pal - Newbie

Got two rev A02's for my partents Venues in the mail yesterday. I'm used to my samsung ativ with wacom, so i can't really compare the experience but...

I had to update the firmware, it was completely crap before the install. After update, palm rejection and sensitivity work great. I was able to do some testing on fresh paint (i havent installed photoshop yet). My only issues the pens sensitivity gradient is a bit wild, but maybe thats fresh paints fault, the brushes suck imo.

My next task is getting a touch panel off hack running on this thing so it can be a full fledged drawing pad, does anyone know of any link for suck a hack?

I'll post photoshop review in a week.

9. TacoJ

TacoJ Pen Pal - Newbie

I just received a March Rev A02 stylus overnighted through FedEx. So it looks like they are sending these out to people who ordered the original pen through Dell.

I didn't request a warranty exchange or even ever complained to Dell about my pen, they must be just sending them out automatically to anyone who purchased one. On the packing slip it says "No Part Return Required Thank You for Your Business - EXCHANGE"

I don't even have my DVP8 anymore, I ended up selling it a couple of weeks ago because I've been pretty happy acclimating myself to RT with my Surface 2. Figured I'd give RT an honest shot in-case the much rumored Surface Mini note-taking tablet comes out sporting RT only.

Given that DVP8s can be pretty commonly found at ~$200, if the reports come in that these styli work well I might just pick up another one.

10. St. Lamar

St. Lamar Scribbler - Standard Member

I think Microsoft would be beating a dead horse to make another RT tablet with (1) tablets like the V8P occupying the space, having decent battery life, and costing as little as you mentioned, and (2) Microsoft's VMBoot making possible 16 GB tablets running full Windows (with 12 GB free). I think the latter are going to be really cheap and really crummy tablets, especially since MS is going to be practically giving away the OS for them.

So far we're only hearing about purchasers of the A00 stylus getting replacements. I wonder if the A01 users will, too. My need is not critical, though. I use the stylus mainly as a mouse, and it works great for that.