[restore Vista]

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by longfeibisheng, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longfeibisheng

longfeibisheng Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey folks,
    Just a short question. If I replace hard disk and my memory in my T5010, can I restore Vista and install OneNote 2007 by using those orginal CD comes from fujitsu?

L:confused:

2. qhorque

qhorque Scribbler - Standard Member

You should be able to by simply inserting the CD/DVD and rebooting. It should automatically partition and format the drive and install the OS and programs. Then you should be able to install OneNote from the CD. No guarantee it won't ask for a product key though. Not sure about that.

But you should be able to update your drive and use the original discs. May have to work at it a bit as these things are never 100% foolproof but you will always have the original drive to put back in if it doesn't work.

Let us know what happens if you go ahead with your plan.

3. Agent 9

Agent 9 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If you have all the discs, then yes (make sure the OS install disc says Vista Recovery Disc, and that the One Note disc is for Vista). You would use the One Note disc after Vista is all installed and running (while you are booted into Vista)

You will might have to format the new HDD/ SSD to NTFS before attempting a OS install (I don't remember if you have to or not)

4. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...You...might have to format the new HDD/ SSD to NTFS before attempting a OS install...>>

...If you have an external adapter available, it's my experience that it's always better to format a new drive before installing it and reinstalling the OS...

5. longfeibisheng

longfeibisheng Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks guys. You are really help.

Have a nice day!

L

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.