REQ: picture thread of XGA screen in action

Discussion in 'Fujitsu' started by PYROTAK, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

That would be very good if you could dravisher....

It would certainly answer a lot of peoples fears.

I myself am not too concerned personally as I can work around the problem but I do have a high level of concern for other members.

2. PYROTAK

PYROTAK Scribbler - Standard Member

yeah dravisher, a photo of a pdf would be fantastic.

3. okashira

okashira Scribbler - Standard Member

Just increase the text size. with higher resolution text will be easier to read and clearer at the same size. as for pen usage, its quite helpful when you write small/ want to draw somthing small. much more detail.
    certantly no disadvantages to taking notes w/ the sxga+
    I say we all rush Fujitsu's headquarters with pitchforks and torches and letem know how we feel :mad: :mad: :D

4. PYROTAK

exactly im all about super high pixel density and then using large fonts. if i can see the pixel grid it makes me angry! right now my laptop is using 1920x1200 and i have large fonts mode on and its infinetly clearer than any LCD screen that i have EVER used before.

its a shame they don't make desktop lcds with the same pixel density, obviously they would be more expensive, but they should at least make some!! (for the niche market that apparrently only includes me and okashara)

we gotta get ourselves a good ol witch hunt going on!

5. butanamine

butanamine Pen Pal - Newbie

And don't forget me! :)

6. blblblbl

blblblbl Pen Pal - Newbie

I've got two pictures here of my 1024x768 t4020a taken with a digital camera. (I have reduced the resolution of the pictures for quick up load.)

1) VIm editing 3 c++ files. Display is rougly ~65 line by ~170 charactor using 11pt ProggyTinyTTSZ fonts.

2) a full-screen view of an APS Physical Review B journal produced by acrobat reader.

I work with these settings all the time, and XGA is just right. I am not sure what a higher-res 12" screen can give me. Also, I am curious if resolution of the WACOM pen is increased according to screen resolution...?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks blblblbl.
    This will be very appreciated for many I am sure :)

8. PYROTAK

Thanks for the pics man...I guess it doesn't look all that unworkable!

My real concern is for those programs with lots of those sidebars like photoshop and then how much workspace i will have.

9. caeci11ius

caeci11ius Moderator Moderator

well, if it makes you feel any better Pyrotak, i'm still using my 7 year old 300MHz P2 laptop, it has a 13.3" tft at 1024*768...and it is just fine for working with. In something like photoshop, I suppose it's a little cramped, but that's why Photoshop has the tab key (which hides all the toolbars till you press it again ;-) ).

I'm actually surprised how usable this machine still is...it sat around in its bag for most of the last 7 years, before being given to me around a 18 months ago before i went overseas. Battery still goes for about an hour (a year ago it went for about 90 minutes) and once I spent a lot of time messing around with MPlayer (hehe the windows version of the linux app) I even got it to play current mpeg4 videos pretty well...

Still, looking forward to my new machine...it's about time ;-). You shouldn't worry about the screen, it should be quite acceptable for almost everything...

10. PYROTAK

oh heheheheh i didn't know about the tab button since i never had to use it before!

hmmmmmmm so i might be able to live with a XGA screen after all...

yeah i have to get a new laptop! my dell 8600's battery only lasts for like 1 hour at the most now! its a joke!

edit: nice! i just tried out the tab button and i think that this might work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.