Reputable Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by SDreamer, Oct 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

My tm2 is about 2 years this coming January, and the battery wear is about 30% now, the charge on Windows 8 lasts for about 3 hours instead of the 5.5 I used to get. So I was wondering if anyone knew of any other reputable sites or places to find a replacement battery for our devices. HP charges about 91$ right now, and I've seen random places on ebay and Amazon charging like 40$, which for me is hard to believe. Does anyone have any experience buying a replacement battery?

2. wakeupneo

wakeupneo Scribbler - Standard Member

My replacement arrived yesterday from ebay. Just look for a genuine one (the chinese ones have less capacity and I don't trust them) and you can't go wrong with it.

3. SDreamer

SDreamer Scribbler - Standard Member

How do you know if its genuine from ebay? Mind sharing the seller you got yours from and what the wear on it was? My tm2 just hibernated on its own after reporting 21%, and upon restarting it, it shows 34k capacity left >.>

4. marcelo

marcelo Pen Pal - Newbie

Mine is not holding a charge at all for about 3 weeks now. I would like to see the link of the battery that wakeupneo bought as well to check the specs and know what to look for.

5. rjh

rjh Pen Pal - Newbie

I recently bought a replacement for my 2730p, the original battery had almost completely died - in fact, I had trouble getting the battery out of the slot, some of the cells had swollen up so much the battery had deformed and was putting a lot of pressure on the latches. Scary, given these are Li batteries and present a real fire risk.

I got a genuine replacement from ebay for slightly more than the cheap generic ones, and about a third or less of the NZ HP sourced ones.

It seems good, and works as well as the original - if it is counterfeit, I really cannot tell the difference. Seller was u-good http://myworld.ebay.com/u-good

Be aware that there are issues with shipping batteries to some countries (like the US).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.