Replacing Venue 8 Pro USB port... Messy

Discussion in 'Dell' started by pr3s, Jul 30, 2017.

1. pr3s

pr3s Pen Pal - Newbie

My Venue 8 Pro's USB port died like many others. I tried replacing it at the time (a couple or more years ago) using hot air method but could never get the new port seated correctly (I now think a tab might have broke off in one of the through holes).

I was cleaning up and came across it again and decided to try again. Under magnification I discovered I shmushed a couple of SMD off their tabs the last time round. They are two tiny SMDs down and to the left of the of the connector on the connector/back side of the board. In trying to replace them I lost one. Are these capacitors? If so is there a way anyone can find out what capacitance they are? I'm also wondering if I can salvage one from the unused USB ports on the board.

Any idea how much a cell repair shop would charge to replace it if I just brought the bare board in? I'm terrible at this.

2. chevypad

chevypad Pen Pal - Newbie

3. Trumpet

Trumpet Pen Pal - Newbie

Are you still interested in fixing your tablet ? I'm working on a Dell Venue 8 pro 5830, is this the same model as yours ? if so maybe we could help each other.