Replacing Tablet Screen

Discussion in 'Toshiba' started by QuantumXL, Jun 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QuantumXL

QuantumXL Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello. I have a tecra M7 and i am attempting to replace my tablet screen. Im putting this under a general title because many may want to find this later on. So i am about to purchase a tablet screen (It says its LCD so I'm not sure if it is right part number P000464370.) and going to rip open my screen. I always stayed away from playing with the screen, because it always gets dusty if i open it up, but gotta do it to clean it out. So how does this work? Am i getting the right parts? Do i need to program certain things or just plug it in and play it?

2. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Senior Member

You haven't mentioned why you are replacing the screen, and are you sure its the lcd that needs to be replaced and not the lcd mask?

Elaborate a little more about your problem.

3. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Nope, it's as "Plug 'n Play" as it gets. Keep in mind if you are replacing the LCD assembly you MAY that you may actually have to remove the entire screen, hinge and all, from the laptop. This is because the wiring to the LCD may be soldered to the screen itself. You would not know this though until after you removed the mask and LCD panel.

My suggestions would be to make sure you are working in as dust free environment as possible. The job itself is probably about a 4/10 on the difficulty level due to the fagility of the parts involved. I'm not sure if you are purchasing only the LCD display or the wacom digitizer attached to the LCD screen. If the digitizer is not included in your purchase, just remember to be careful when removing your digitizer from the current screen. When I replaced the digitizer in my 3500 it was attached with an adhesive that could be reused, but you do not want to be in a hurry and crack either the screen or the digitizer.

Why are you replacing the screen in the first place?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.