replacement nibs/tips?

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by DRTigerlilly, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

The HP Zbook x2 pen comes with felt nibs! They are lovely. I love felt nibs so much. And no offset with s-pen EMR.

Those nibs are about the size of s-pen Note 4/5 nibs. They're not as sharp as the Note7+ s-pen nibs, which is good, since such sharp felt nibs would wear out way too quickly.

thatcomicsguy and Steve B like this.
  2. Steve B

Steve B Moderator Moderator

I’m curious, do you use the field nibs with a matte or semi-matte screen protector? Something with some tooth. If so, what do you use? Do you have a link? It’s hard to find a quality screen protector that doesn’t have tons of dithering and such. Always looking for a good one... They never seem to look as good as screens that I have the texture embedded into the glass.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  3. Selofain

Selofain Chronic Lurker

I do! The brand is Photodon, they make a variety of screen protectors and can easily custom cut something for you if they don't have your machine listed. I use MXH, which is 25% matte. It gives me enough of a grippy texture with only the tiniest affect on image quality.

The MXH screen protector actually improved the image quality on my T901 since it was less matte than the screen itself. It doesn't feel as nice as the bare matte screen, but it's a more than acceptable trade off for protecting my screen against scratches.

They offer a sample kit so you can try out the various kinds for yourself before buying full size.

DRTigerlilly likes this.
  4. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

So as an update. I don't think the nibs are genuine. Packaging was generic White mini ziplock with no Samsung branding, and Made in China stamped on the back.

They also feel slightly different on the screen.

I've switched the genuine nib to the genuine book pen and have the generic nib in the Staedler.

Just for information seller is phone_magicpart on eBay.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  5. KlickSter123

KlickSter123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Dang, that's sad. Really hard to find authentic items on both Amazon and eBay nowadays. Ugh!

DRTigerlilly likes this.