Replacement Launcher

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by anomaly, Feb 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris-lawrence

chris-lawrence Pen Pal - Newbie

Killed the eeeserver -- works well! The third party applications actually seem to launch faster (such as cutenotes).

Noticed the onscreen keyboard is missing -- can this be launched as a separate app which stays focused on top of the current application just under its own layer?

Also noticed the noteeditor can't access photos or launch camera -- probably related to the underlying eeeserver killed :)

Despite this, having a visible cursor for drawing and writing is a God-send! Thankyou!

Chris

2. Micha

Micha Pen Pal - Newbie

Hey anomaly ! Thanks so much for the time you invest in this device. You're making gold out of copper ! I'll get to testing this thing as soon as I can. For the foldered views of notes, I wrote a short shell script to use with the terminal, using the terminal capabilites for reading the mouse, and this is not at all satisfactory, so I'd definitely want to see a bettered version of that :)

3. anomaly

anomaly Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks Micha, I'll let you know as soon as I have a folder view applet for you to test. :)

Sorry I have no progress to report yet, you wouldn't believe how hectic things have been at work recently. Rest assured I'm still working on this project though!

4. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

We all hope so

5. etienne

etienne Pen Pal - Newbie

Any updates or things new?

6. anomaly

anomaly Pen Pal - Newbie

Been working on it when I can, don't have any changes committed yet though as I've been too busy with work to finish them off and I don't want to commit unfinished changes that break the application.

I'm in the process of re-implementing the QtL<->JavaScript interface to use WebSQL / LocalStorage to pass data back and forth between the Qt code and the browser instance so that the HTML used to define the desktop is more universal and less dependent on the QtL runtime itself. This will also make it easier for people to extend the functionality of the desktop in a consistent and uniform manner without having to touch the QtL source code itself.

This change also affects how applications and applets are defined, and so directly affects how I'll be implementing the folder-based note/book management applet. I want to get this change in place before starting on the applets though so they don't have to be rewritten after the fact.

I've got some annual leave coming up in April as well which will permit me a *lot* more time to work on this project too :)

7. anomaly

anomaly Pen Pal - Newbie

I've pushed my most recent changes to the git repo on slice.sol1.net. At this stage there's no user-facing changes just the behind-the-scenes foundation of what will be required to implement applets in javascript/html.

This paves the way though for the folder-view ebook/notes library browser, which I'll get pushed out asap :)

Revision f84976de:
    Initial work migrating the exposed QtL javascript properties to WebSQL databases for more flexibility.
    Addition of Folder tables to apps, ebooks, and notes databases to provision management applets.
    Restructuring of files in a more organized manner.
    Split out style info into separate css file for future theming support.
    Initial work on splitting out javascript into libraries.

8. T_B

T_B Scribbler - Standard Member

Probably what I am looking forward to the most.

Even with its current flaws the eee note is a great device and I think your launcher will bring it to a next level. Don't rush it though, 'the customer' is always impatient and doesn't know what is best for him. You know what is ;) Keep it up!

9. resuS

resuS Pen Pal - Newbie

Is anything new?

10. anomaly

anomaly Pen Pal - Newbie

Cheers, will do. Just wish I had more time! Which brings me to..

Unfortunately nothing new since my last update, too many work projects and responsibilities have demanded my attention. However some good news: mid-April I'm taking a week of annual leave. At the same time, my wife is visiting relatives overseas so I'll have a full week of my own time to work on personal projects and what-not :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.