Replacement for the TIP in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nnthemperor, Sep 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You can write a whole sentence and correct at the end. It is automatically translated and written in place. Effectively you do not do it in the tip but directly in place. It is natural, for me.

2. ships10

ships10 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It's a shame that Apple shamelessly steals a great idea from Microsoft and "creates " a productivity tool whereas Microsoft shamelessly aggravates it's core tablet customers through gradual degradation, attrition and aggravation! Go figure.

3. jnjroach

jnjroach Technology Strategist Super Moderator

I find using the Tip in Windows 10 works well and writing sentences or sentence fragments the OS interprets my hand writing accurately.

4. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

You really can't. Once you move on to the next few words, you can no longer see a word to autocorrect it. And you can't really correct a word if the right one isn't an autocorrect suggestion. You can only erase what's there and re-write it.

5. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

You are absolutely correct. I use to use my sp2 in Church as my bible and to take notes when I am not the speaker. Today I went back to my regular bible and used pen and paper. I know my Pastor was wondering where my tablet was, he even started using an iPad to preach from because of my use of a tablet.

6. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

If course you can, but not in the tip, but directly in the field where the text is written.

7. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

<<...If course you can, but not in the tip...>>

...That's his point; you have to shift your focus to a different part of the screen and the precision of the task significantly increases because the font size is significantly reduced. IMO, this latter fact is a poorly understood very negative effect of some of the "improvements" in Win10. When users complain that they miss swipe-from-the-left in IE Metro, part of what they are really saying is that Win10 converts an easy, low precision (anywhere on the screen) control swipe in Win8.1 into a high precision hit-the-quarter-inch-square-back-arrow control. As many have already said, this is clearly a step backward in terms of Win10 UX...

jhoff80 and gcoupe like this.
  8. nnthemperor

nnthemperor Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Looks like someone in MS is listening, Build 10547 now allows for automatic expansion of the pen input panel as you write. Now to go all the way and restore the individual letter correction ability as in Windows 7

Mesosphere and dceggert like this.
  9. dceggert

dceggert Owner of a TabletPC Museum Senior Member

Thanks for posting this info. When will this change make it into the real world?

10. revmike

revmike Scribbler - Standard Member

That would be nice to know. I'm keeping hope alive for it to be soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.