Replacement Battery for TM2 1100

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by dwaynevbrooks, Sep 4, 2013.

1. dwaynevbrooks

dwaynevbrooks Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello folks, I am trying to locate a replacement battery for my TM2 1100. I bought 2 batteries when i purchased the laptop, one of which has stopped working and the other does not hold much charge. Has anyone have any luck finding an original battery or a good working option. I have heard a lot of horror stories of persons buying replacements that either don't work or did not last long.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

2. Malangyar

Malangyar Pen Pal - Newbie

I too am in need of a replacement battery. My battery broke a month ago. Any "cheap but good" solutions? I live in Europe btw.

3. Jenny_

Jenny_ Pen Pal - Newbie

Good question. I know this post is old, but I just found this site and maybe others will still be coming on through as well. It was about 1-2 years ago that the tm2 batteries went in both my laptops. They just weren't charging to 100% anymore and were getting worse and worse. I called the HP parts center and ordered 2 directly from them, which was fantastic. But they don't carry them in stock any more, and I know the clock is ticking on the ones I have right now. I use these batteries a lot!!

I have read and seen videos about bad replacement batteries and just don't even want to take the chance. So I ordered another replacement power cord/adapter from hp, just in case, so that if worse comes to worst, I can still power my Little Buddy.

Is there not a way to have our older batteries repaired and restored?

4. akaKJB

akaKJB Pen Pal - Newbie

Just last night I looked at an eBay listing where the seller advertised his battery rebuilding service. I don't remember the name so I can't post a link for you but you should be able to find him or anyone else going the same by entering "battery rebuild" into eBay's search engine.

Hope this helps! I ordered a new battery from an eBay vendor a couple of months ago and it was DOA. No problems getting a replacement from the seller, it was just an extra little pain in the a** to have to ship the bad one back and wait for the new one to arrive.