Replace Tm2 Display with a Matte Display

Discussion in 'HP TouchSmart TM2 (Wacom)' started by longway77, Mar 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longway77

longway77 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi,

has anybody already tried to replace his tm2 display?
    I just found that site: https://www.laptopscreen.com/English/model/HP-Compaq/TOUCHSMART~TM2/
    where they apparently have a matte display for the tm2 available. Now I'm wondering if the quality is better than the really really bad display in my tm2? I can barely use it in portrait mode, it makes my eyes do weird stuff.
    I would love to exchange it. It should not be hard to do it and the digitizer can stay the same. I am just not sure if I should do it because I don't know if that display would be any better than my current one.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Marius

2. rjh

rjh Pen Pal - Newbie

What is the problem with the TM2 display? If it is just too glossy, just fit a matte screen protector. If the issue is that the display looks "funny" in portrait mode, every screen I've had on a tabletPC has done this. I think it is because the pixel layout and screen construction/filters are optimised for landscape. I doubt that a difference in the screen surface will help with that issue at all.

3. longway77

longway77 Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for your answer. The glossyness is not what's causing the trouble, its the screen acting funny. I did not have these issues with the TC1100 which had a high quality LCD screen wie nearly 180° viewing angle without any color distortion. The distortion on the tm2 is so bad that my left eye receives a noticably brighter image than my red eye. I can't really stand that, it always feels like I got something stuck to my eye, guess they can't handle it ;-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.