Repairing/Replacing Toshiba Encore 2 Write questions

Discussion in 'What Tablet PC Should I Buy?' started by Zhao Su, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

2. Zhao Su

Zhao Su Zee Ess

I've no idea because I've never opened it up before, but I suspect probably.

I thumbed through your link, but I'm not sure what I was supposed to look for, because my issue is a touchscreen issue and that thread deals with fixing a broken USB board over 10 pages. Maybe I missed something...?

3. Bronsky

Bronsky Wait and Hope. Senior Member

lol. No. I used the wrong link.:vbbiggrin: http://forum.tabletpcreview.com/thr...ivotab-note-8-pen-touch-failure.63696/page-65

4. Zhao Su

Zhao Su Zee Ess

[​IMG]
    https://ibb.co/mUuSVQ
    Yeah, I managed to open it with some old credit cards, and tried unplugging and replugging the ribbons shown and the battery cable. I did this twice, and both times when I powered the tablet on, touch still didn't work but the TruPen did.

I don't have a micro screwdriver lying around, so I don't know if there's an hidden data ribbon underneath the motherboard.
    I hope I don't really have to order replAcement cables somehow.

I hope this helps somehow, but I'm also getting pretty miffed that I still can't seem to fix this.

5. Yoyo

Yoyo Scribbler - Standard Member

WillAdams likes this.
  6. Zhao Su

Zhao Su Zee Ess

I've been suspecting that for a while, but this wasn't a recent issue, I think I lost Touch sometime last year, probably around the Fall and that was when I decided to upgrading to a new machine anyway so I left the Encore alone collecting dust until I dug it back up recently.

The thing is I couldn't tell you whether the issue sprung up immediately after a Windows update or not.

Also, update: I tried opening up the Encore again, this time with real tools, and tried to find hidden ribbons to check out and being as delicate as possible, but after putting it back together to test it out, now the device can't even properly turn on! The backlights turn on but the Toshiba welcome screen doesn't even come on.

*sigh...* Galaxy Note 2, Note 4, Cintiq Companion 1, and now my Encore 2 Write - all my penabled devices go down the s*****r sooner or later...