Rep Power?

Discussion in 'Site Suggestions and Site Help' started by jsn1, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsn1

jsn1 Pen Pal - Newbie

Can someone tell me please what is Rep Power, how do you get that, and what is the little box that is at right of the Rep Power?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• rep.JPG
      rep.JPG
      File size:
      3.2 KB
      Views:
  2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Rep Power is increased when users choose to click on the "scale icon" and approve of your posts. Kinda fun... ; )

3. theNerdyDuo

theNerdyDuo Pen Pal - Newbie

How is Rep Power measured?

Is it based on one factor or several?

How many votes does it take to move between levels?

4. Brian

Brian Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

The box is actually a representation of your user reputation, that's not the same thing as rep power. The power is based on a formula that takes into consideration you time with the site, number of posts and your reputation.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

continuing on this very old thread, i was browsing through my cp, and saw that a post i had gotten "reputation" for has disappeared and a new one has been added, but my rep power has remained the same?

really curious how this stuff is calculated.
    and what's the difference between reputation that appears in green vs grey?

6. SimsHsia

SimsHsia "I will do science to it" Senior Member

It's curious indeed, however I'll see if I can try to explain it. Some threads over at NBR replied by the Moderators over there will probably explain it better than I can.

Rep Power: The amount of rep points you can add/remove to someone's reputation. You see this only when viewing threads.

Total Reputation: The amount of total reputation received, seen from the User CP.

Speaking of the User CP, a green rep box means you received points, a grey rep box means you received no points. The reasoning behind this is because most likely a new member, who has 0 rep power, repped your post and thus wasn't able to add any points to your overall reputation.

As for the old reputation, I see you have overall 10 reps added, but I'm unable to see which posts they are tied to. Perhaps vBulletin (the forum software) removes the old reputation and moves it into an "archive" or something and brings up a newly created reputation received entry.

7. angie1313

angie1313 Pen Pal - Newbie

ooohh...I want some rep power....:)

Would anyone be interested in taking bribes? :D

8. kureshii

kureshii Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

You couldn't bribe me... except maybe with a "T4230", whenever it appears ;)

If you want rep, just write something good/useful; an accessory review, a howto for doing more with your tablet, something that helps people use their devices in more ways or make better buying decisions. Or help people with their questions as best as you can.

And then you sit back, and wait for people to notice your efforts :) And keep writing, and keep posting...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.