Removing Digitizer TX1000

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by dwolf123, Jun 15, 2008.

1. dwolf123

dwolf123 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello Everyone,

Well I have a bit of a situation, I have a downgraded TX1000 to tablet edition and may I say it was perfect........until it fell and my digitizer crack:eek: and of course not buying accidental warrenty kills it even more so it came to me and woundered would it be possible to remove the digitizer, yes yes, what would be a tablet without the touch screen and I do have experience opening laptops but it was just a thought in mind and before i attempt to do this i just need an opinion or anyone who has seen the digitizer without the front housing would it be removable.... thanks in advance

2. kapblp

kapblp Scribbler - Standard Member

If it is possible I'd check the repair manual that I posted. Search for my posts. It for the 2000 but I bet it is similar enough that it will work on the 1000 too.

3. dwolf123

Thanks for the reply well after much luck I managed to remove the digitizer i could say that it was easier to remove than I thought. On the plus side there is no grainy look and looks better than it did only bad part was the touch screen but hey i installed xp media center and haven't ran into any problems

4. mg_ex

mg_ex Pen Pal - Newbie

can u post pics plzzzzz
    am thinkning abourt removing it 2
    every thing is fine but grainesssssssssssss

5. dwolf123

yeah don't worry I'll post up some pics after i get a new battery for my camera

6. Roylik

Roylik Pen Pal - Newbie

I have removed the Digitizer from my TX1000. It wasn't all that hard, like the previous poster said, it takes about 30 minutes to do. I actully like the clear screen I have now.

I had previous cracked my Digitizer due to my children and a two year old. HP wanted 650+ for part and I couldn't find a cheaper one that was availaible.

7. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

would love to see the difference as well, cos i'm considering doing this to my tx2000 to get rid of the graininess.....most of the time i'm using the pen, but not the touchscreen...

8. whazzup

whazzup Scribbler - Standard Member

but 2 questions (for the tx2000, nt really sure how different it is compared to the tx1000):

1) the digitizer is only for the touchscreen? means u still retain the pen functions after removing it?

2) without the digitizer, wouldn't there be a gap between the front bezel and the lcd? how did u guys solve tat problem?

9. lowlife

lowlife Addicted to gadgets

This is interesting.

I would like to know if anyone has tried this on the TX2500? I the pen continues to work and the graininess is gone it might be worth it.

10. sirjaume

sirjaume Pen Pal - Newbie

My 1320es falled down and when i open it i saw there was the scraches shown in the picture.It works fine but there are this annoying lines in the screen.The screentouch function it doesnt work anymore
    The point of my question is that i really dont know what its broken.If i touch with my finger over the screen i dont feel the scracht so i think is something interior.I m out about repairing it.i m sure it ll cost me a lot.
    So maybe as you are posting in this thread if i taje out the touchscreen panel i ll have clear lcs or maybe i have the lcd broken?
    What can i do?help!

Attached Files: