Remote desktop access using Splashtop

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by greatg, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

Has anyone tried using the Splashtop application for remote access. I'm able to connect to a host PC, but the virtual KB on the S7 does not work when remotely connected?

2. anteatereater

anteatereater Scribbler - Standard Member

I highly recommend Google's Remote Desktop Beta. It recently changed the way you connect to another computer to just require a pin rather than grabbing an access code on the other end (which required 2 people). Add in Google's two-part authentication for higher security before doing so.

You only need to allow access once on the given computer; then you can remote to it from any computer via chrome and your Google linked account.

The only thing I have not been able to do yet is to render an extended monitor--not a big deal. It is more responsive than Microsoft Live mesh, but nothing can top the speed of the built-in Windows program (too much setup for that though).

3. excalibur1814

excalibur1814 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

To answer the question: I'm afraid that I've never used Splashtop. Sorry

P.S. I use Remote Desktop that's built into Windows for such things. It's quite easy to configure your router to open one port etc and there's no need to install a whole load of software or other browsers. It's not perfect for everyone but it's there.

4. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

5. jasoncli

jasoncli Scribbler - Standard Member

I've used it and it works great, it's fast and I love the fact I can hear sounds though the connection. The virtual keyboard works fine. I've tried several virtual desktop software (the cheap one's anyway) and I find this to be the most versatile because it works with iOS devices and Windows.

6. greatg

greatg Scribbler - Standard Member

That's good to hear! Strange that I'm not able to use my swype kb when remotely connected. The kb pops up but no keystrokes register. What version of streamer and RD are you using?

7. gregcampbell

gregcampbell Pen Pal - Newbie

I dig Splashtop, too. But I use my PC laptop more than my desktop, so I prefer to use RHUB's remote support servers b/c it gives me more options for remote support and online collaboration.