RemixOS on Dell Venue 8 Pro (DV8P) and some other 32-bit UEFI Baytrail Devices

Discussion in 'Dell' started by VenueMark, Mar 8, 2016.

1. JaiCent Johnson

JaiCent Johnson Pen Pal - Newbie

I am curious how Remix Os player works on the DV8P... I read the requirements and it looks like it would be sluggish...

2. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member

When you start it, it starts the Intel HAXM and tries to five it 3GB RAM.
    Try to install HAXM with 1GB of RAM.
    You also have to wait very long because they use the official google Android Emulator with a RemixOS IMG.

3. jjsa1985

jjsa1985 Scribbler - Standard Member

Are you saying you got it to work on the 1st gen Dell venue 8 pro? Do I just install the haxm files in the tools folder and then try to run it? When I clicked on the remix OS player file nothing happened. I tried some other files but they just gave me errors.

4. FZelle

FZelle Scribbler - Standard Member

No, and I will never try it because they use the Android Emulator made bei google.
    It is horrible slow and a memory hog, which is not going to be working well ( if ever ) on that device.

As I stated here quite often, if you need a tablet that can dualboot, get a Chinese chuwi, teclast or the sort.
    Everything else is not going to work well.

5. zerglingno1

zerglingno1 Pen Pal - Newbie

how to change to landscape mode ?

6. ABls

ABls Pen Pal - Newbie

I finally had the time to mess with Remix 3.0. I installed it moving Remix OS, Isolinux and EFI folder in a new partition. Then I replaced the EFI folder under Remix OS with the one I backed up from the Beta version 2.0 (with grub file edited).
    I used EasyUEFI as recommended and restarted the Venue from the Win 10 Update and Security Setting...

Remix OS starts, but the screen is in landscape mode while the venue is in "portrait position". Touch screen doesn't work.

What did I do wrong?
    Tks

7. adarsh100

adarsh100 Pen Pal - Newbie

I have the same issue as ABIs. Please help! Also, is there any way to install lvrdka's version without an otg cable?

8. ABls

ABls Pen Pal - Newbie

9. dpotts

dpotts Pen Pal - Newbie

I've been banging my head against the wall.
    First issue is fat 32. I cannot copy remixes because of the minimum 8gb user data. I tried to continue by deleting the unformatted data.omg
    Then I run into another issue. I cannot modify anything in EasyUefi. I can click the add button but cannot change any fields. What can I do to get Easy uefi running?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2016
  10. aznmega

aznmega Pen Pal - Newbie

I keep getting the GNU GRUB version 2.02^beta2 every time I try to reboot into RemixOS. Am i doing something wrong with the grub file?