Remix Mini $39.95

Discussion in 'Other Android Tablet Manufacturers' started by Kumabjorn, Oct 21, 2016.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

So I bought a brand new $39.95 (actually ¥4 320) little computer today. It fits in my palm, has two USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI and Ethernet port as well as power plug and earphone jack. It requires external monitor, keyboard and mouse. With the first setup you will ned a USB mouse, after that you can use Bluetooth. I'm thinking this might be useful for those who stay in hotel rooms a lot with a light work load such as a few e-mails and such. The unit is so light it hangs of the HDMI cable attached to a monitor (most hotels have TVs with HDMI, right?).

It runs Android 5.1, has 2 GB RAM and 16 GB eMMC, but it also has a microSD card slot that will take up to 256 GB of extra storage. The OS is just like Android minus the touch (but I believe it is there if you have a touch screen attached (don\t hold me to it though). The low, low, low price makes this the most bang for buck I have ever purchased. I wouldn't run my life from it, but if it was all I could afford I bet it could be done. It supports video att full HD at 60fps and it seems to support 4k monitors. In full HD the icons are unnecessarily large, five in a column. It doesn't get warm to the touch so I bet you could run it of a 5V battery pack (but you'd need to find a compatible plug).

Computers are now officially a commodity.

kvoram likes this.
  2. kvoram

kvoram Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I remember this one from their crowdfunding campaign. Kinda disappointing though that it does not use USB for power, can't imagine that it needs much. What are the specs of the charger (V/A)?

3. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

I have to check but I think it says 5V 3A.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.