Remapping "Home" button to switch touchscreen off/on

Discussion in 'EP121 Slate' started by mst, Jul 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CF77

CF77 Love Tablet. Senior Member

Aero 10-15 minutes..difference.

I installed "Vista battery saver"...Program automatic disable Aero when unplug..turn Aero back on when plugged in.

2. coldpenguin

coldpenguin Scribbler - Standard Member

I did not do anything except for running updates, install asus updates. I don't run any high power desktop gadgets.
    I think I turned off indexing, rarely use it.
    Speedboost is on, but as I was only using photoshop, it /shouldn't/ be doing much.
    I did however follow the instructions in the manual, and charged the device for 8 hours before using it. I think a lot of people do not have the self control to do this.

3. Rob_Oppie

Rob_Oppie Pen Pal - Newbie

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. mst

mst Pen Pal - Newbie

I've originally wanted to make it a native (i.e. not .NET) app to minimise resource usage, but turns out that adding a tray icon in native API involves rather a bit more effort that C# and I started to get lazy :p.

(Made up a reason for myself later that a tray icon would end up more of a clutter in the task bar anyway...)

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  5. Thanhatos

Thanhatos Pen Pal - Newbie

Do you think it's possible to switch the toggle button to the orientation lock instead? I just find that to be more intuitive.

6. kamikaze458

kamikaze458 Scribbler - Standard Member

you can use "strokeit" (the app) to map flick gestures to "ctrl + alt + arrow".

when i say arrow i mean the key of the arrow that points to the direction that you want to rotate your screen.

really handy!

edit: sorry, i misunderstood your point! and i agree w/you that it would be nice to have that feature that you describe

7. Thanhatos

Oh, sorry I meant:
    make the "orientation lock" switch on the top of the tablet toggle the touch-screen on or off.

8. kamikaze458

mmm, i like it too, but how do you plan to enable/disable the orientation lock if you change that switch function?

9. Thanhatos

Screw orientation changing. I keep mines permanently on horizontal orientation. The EP121 in vertical mode makes everything look misaligned and poorly rendered. I don't think very many Windows programs were intended to be used in such a narrow orientation. It's more of a gimmick than anything useful.

10. kamikaze458

I really enjoy reading and highliting my tons of documents in vertical position! (im a medical student).

But i understand what you say. Other than using portrait mode for reading, it's not useful (to me) for other things.