Reloading OP System

Discussion in 'Software' started by poetdante, Mar 14, 2006.

1. the_email_college

the_email_college Pen Pal - Newbie

My tablet is, for some reason I don't know, always having at least 60% of my PC in use, so I can't do anything. What I mean is that when I click ctrl, alt, and del, the thing at the bottom says CPU usage is always at 60%, and I'm not doing anything. I don't know if its a virus or what, but instead of trying to figure that out, I would like to know if I could reload the OS. Do I need anything special, like software for pen, keyboard, cd-rom? Its a slate, but everything that I use was and is plug and play. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ugh. What model are we dealing with here? Can you boot in safe mode and perhaps perform a Windows System Restore back to the last time your machine worked?

3. the_email_college

the_email_college Pen Pal - Newbie

It'sa Motion LE1600, and I have tried system restore multiple times, and it won't work. Now I have to reload it because I lost One Note! Some how, can't find the software, much less the notes I've taken. IM IN COLLEGE AND I LOST ALL MY NOTES!

4. poetdante

poetdante Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

well my toshiba was always running at 100% when plugged in and at another setting when not plugged in. it turns out the toshiba power saver utility was defaulted to a locked cpu setting which means the cpu always runs at that level all the time.

"IM IN COLLEGE AND I LOST ALL MY NOTES!"

ouch! sorry about that. but remember, nothing is ever completly delted in windows. if it was made, it is somewhere on there still to a degree.