[Release] RadialMenu

Discussion in 'Software' started by incrediclint, Oct 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. incrediclint

incrediclint Scribbler - Standard Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2014
  2. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

This looks great, but what action triggers the menu to appear? The first pc I tried (a Win 8.1 desktop with Huion display tablet) didn't do anything.

3. incrediclint

default is control+shift+z or control+middle mouse

4. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Great idea, but why have a key combination to call the app on a keyboardless tablet? How about double clicking the pen button?

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

5. incrediclint

It was designed with the Motion Computing LE 1600/1700 Slate PC in mind which has hardware buttons that you can customize on the face of it. The software was largely developed for my own use and until a couple weeks ago I hadn't planned on releasing it.

6. ron2k_1

ron2k_1 calibuchi Senior Member

Can you think of some other way to launch it when all you have in your hand is a pen?

I'll test later on my Surface Pro 3 and report back if it works with N-trig

Swiped from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

7. incrediclint

You can customize the hotkeys for activating it in the options menu. I use my pens right click at the moment which presents a problem when I need to use the system right click context menu. I plan on changing it to work like the Wacom radial menu in that you can right click on the center button and it closes the radial menu and shows the system right click context menu instead, when I have the time to do so. At the moment, I'm using a work around to get to the system context menu. Right clicking brings up radial menu, if I right click somewhere away from the radial menu the system context menu shows and radialmenu is hidden again. I don't know if that works on any systems other then my tablet though. This workaround does present a problem when trying to use the radialmenu tray icon's right click menu though. This is something I'm hoping to fix in the next couple days.

Another thing to note is after changing the activation hotkey you have to exit/restart radialmenu for it to take effect.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  8. lblb

lblb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Hey Clint,

I just had a little time to play with it and it’s very cool. It’s nice to see that several members here are coming up with different customizable solutions to facilitate the use of a keyboard-free tablet. Great job! It looks very nice and very functional. (By the way, what language was this written in, if you don’t mind me asking?)

I have a few suggestions and comments (as you saw, I developed Toolbar Creator so parts of my comments are inspired from a few things I learned doing that):

- To highlight the strengths of your system, and to make it less confusing for new users, I think you could:
    1) When it’s first launched, have some kind of message that says which hotkey needs to be pressed to show the menu. As others have mentioned, right now it’s quite confusing when you first want to use it (but setting it to something else is actually quite straightforward.)
    2) Instead of having it blank by default, provide an already customized menu that showcases some of the strengths of your app​

- I haven’t tested, but make sure to test everything with a Windows magnification > 100% as this has tripped me several times in the past.

- Your macro recorder is pretty goddam cool! I’ll have to play with it more. Could you perhaps make it so that the recorder is “always on top”?

- Maybe you could change the background of the image that you show for RadialMenu. Since the menu is black and the background is black, it looks like your menu is this black square with a circle in the middle.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    surfaceproartist likes this.
  9. incrediclint

Written in C# using WPF.

I love Toolbar Creator, I use it everyday alongside my radialmenu :)

The macro recorder I based on the Razer Nostromo/N52/Tartarus macro recorder btw. As far as being blank, yea, I did have a default menu setup but removed it when I was working on the software because I was constantly breaking/changing things so it was just easier to remove those while working on it. I will at some point setup a default menu, as well as the popup you suggested.

Toolbar Creator basically took the place of my radialmenu and ModLock so I put the project on the back burner for quite a while. Then Wacom released their newer driver that allowed my old tablet to use their radial menu so I started using that... and became frustrated rather quickly being restricted to a single menu for all programs and not having submenus and resurrected RadialMenu.

I think Toolbar Creator/RadialMenu compliment each other rather well. I use both daily when doing artwork for a game I've been working on. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  10. incrediclint

RadialMenu Update:
    *** When using right click as the activation hotkey (with no modifiers) this versions right click context menu activation works with mouse buttons but not with the tablet/pen I tested it with. I'll release a new version as soon as it's fixed! If anyone else tests it with their tablet/pen, please post your results here. There are a couple workarounds to show the context menu:

1. Activate radialmenu away from your right click target, then right click your target while radial menu is still displayed.
    2. Right click "through" radial menu if you are accurate enough to do it in the space between the buttons. :)
    3. Hold down control or shift and then right click your target.

Radial Menu 0.1.84.37 - released on October 2, 2014
    - Changed right click behavior when set as the only activation trigger. Holding right click down for more then 1.5 seconds invokes the context menu and hides RadialMenu.
    - Added buttons to the default menu so it's not empty after a fresh install.
    - Added a popup window that only shows on the first run explaining the hotkeys to display/activate RadialMenu.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.