Reinstalling Office after Clean Install

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 7' started by cgb, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cgb

cgb Pen Pal - Newbie

I have been running Vista Business on a Lenovo X61T for about 16 months and I want to upgrade to Window 7. I have purchased the Home Premium edition and have to do a clean install. When I bought the computer it came with Office 2007 pre-installed (no discs). How do I do the clean install and keep (or reinstall) Office without the discs? Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

2. TabbedOut

TabbedOut Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Without the disks will be pretty difficult... If you were able to track down a set of disks you could use this program to pull the product keys.

*Edit*
    I can kinda see where this is going so I'm going to nip it in the bud now... Any discussion of pirated software (to include downloading illicit disk images) is expressly forbidden in the TOS.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. cgb

cgb Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks for the response. I don't want to use anything pirated. I was thinking about cleaning up my current Vista install and then upgrading rather than clean installing 7 but I can't upgrade from Vista Business to 7 Home (the version that I have purchased).

4. ScubaX

ScubaX Level 90 Mage Senior Member

I think your best bet is to talk to Lenovo and tell them you want the disks for the software you paid for.

5. DRTigerlilly

DRTigerlilly Tablet Lead Mod (Retired) Super Moderator

it might be in the swtools or in the swsetup (not remembering this name) folder.

6. jmg181

jmg181 Pen Pal - Newbie