Regretted buying the yoga 720, Any other better options?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mooni_nooni, Jan 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

thanks so so much for this info it matters to me alot. I have done the maths and im going to mega save up till the next best device i can get with emr by the end of 2019
    Since google and facebook has been reading my cookies i started getting local ads where "i couldn't believe my eyes" are selling tons and tons of emr old laptops like the fujitsu ones to lenovo to hp all of them and even a few toughbooks they selling this stuff at dirt cheap prices to people who don't even know the value of it and it pretty much blew me. man i know so many people who'd want those emr laptops at these prices.
    so im going to grab one because they super clean condition as well.
    Im stuck between the fujitsu t901/t902 and the T734
    there are lenovo x230ts and Hp elitebooks too

Shogmaster and DRTigerlilly like this.
  2. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

So... a 7th-gen i5 doesn't work for you but you're gonna get a 4th-gen i5/i7...

3. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

Something is definitely not right with my yoga. I have tried these old laptops before since my friend has them and they perform better than my yoga and I find it odd too especially with PS. AES doesn't work with the older version of PS but EMR does so it would be good to get some work done with it till I get a good Samsung laptop for now.
    I think something is wrong with the fan of my yoga too it could , but the IT shops can't confirm my issues.
    I'm going to sell ttheyoga. I'm going to miss that high quality screens and Color and sleek body but I love EMR too much

4. lovelaptops

lovelaptops My friends call me Jeff Senior Member

I just wanted to take a moment to restate what has been stated many times before on TPCR: TPCR members rock! I have nothing to contribute to this discussion as I am a note-taking tablet user (for 12 yrs), but haven't an artistic bone in my body! But this thread caught my eye and I have to say my hat's off to @Shizaru and @Shogmaster for going to so much trouble to guide the OP, down to sourcing used/open box machines for him and giving him detailed spec guidance. I'd like to think some of my posts over 10 years have offered similar levels of assistance where I have had the knowledge, but Shog, you have been doing this for as long a I've been on this forum and are truly a gift to digital artists and @Shizaru, you are quickly headed for the TPCR hall of fame. Nowhere else do folks go out of their way and give so much of their knowledge and time for "strangers" (much less forum buddies!) and praise is due here. :newpalm::hi:

(@Mooni_nooni , I'm know you are grateful, but forgive my snarky-ness if I suggest that you determine if you have a defective device before sending our "best and brightest" (and most generous) talent running down options for you!)

Shizaru, DRTigerlilly and Shogmaster like this.
  5. Shogmaster

Shogmaster Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Plz. I already have giant sized head...

6. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

I appreciate your enthusiasm and I appreciate and grateful for the efforts of this fourm's brightest members. But whenever my device is defective or not I need those options regardless and many of those who have simiy goals to mine will read this thread and benefit from the information provided here.
    I am already selling the yoga and adding more money for the Samsung notebook or I'm going to find a laptop with a better GPU at the least as advised. And I'm going temporary buy one of those EMR tablets as my animation device to device my animation work.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
  7. Mooni_nooni

Mooni_nooni BootLEG

Something was intriguing me latley as I continue to get more local ads and searching these sellers if they have the Fujitsu t902, apparently that one was out of stock constantly also the x230t. Only t901 and t734 and hp 2760p
    And then I noticed the high demand for pubg to run on these and I saw the sellers running pubg on these outdated laptops and I'm wondering how are they doing it? Can you like GOD mod these laptops?
    Do these come with dedicated GPUs? I'm I missing something?
    (I think t901 has dedicated graphics)