Reflectiveness/glare of tc4200 display

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by Person, Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flo-w

flo-w Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all,

Here in Holland there are no shops/showrooms where one can see a tc4200 before buying one, so I really hope you can help me get an idea of the reflectiveness/glare of the display.

I really HATE the reflective screens of most tablet pc's (for example the T4010 and M4) and it kept me from buying one, until I read in a review (here: http://www.pcpro.co.uk/reviews/75053/hp-compaq-tc4200.html) that the TC4200's non-reflective coating is really effective. So now I'm wondering:

1 When the tc4200 is off and you're sitting in front of it, does the screen work like a mirror, in which you can easily recognize your own face?

2 Did anyone compare the screen of the tc4200 to that of other tablet pc's (notably the T4010 or M4) and find it less reflective?

3 Can anyone post a pic to give an impression of the reflectiveness on the tc4200, perhaps with a matte (or the opposite: a glossy) screen next to it?

Thanks a bunch in advance for any help!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  2. Barry J. Doyle

Barry J. Doyle Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. flo-w

flo-w Pen Pal - Newbie

Thanks a lot Barry, for your reply!

You probably mean compared to a real GLOSSY screen it's not reflective? But isn't it at least somewhat reflective compared to a MATTE notebook display, because of the protective glass the tc4200 uses?

Thanks in advance.

4. chtr

chtr Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi, my impression after using the tc4200 for some time is, that the screen hardly reflects at all and is one of the best laptop screens I ever saw and worked with (and had the least reflection).

5. lancergolf1

lancergolf1 Pen Pal - Newbie

the screen is pretty matted and there is relatively no glare, it's better than you'd think.

paul.

6. Person

Person Pen Pal - Newbie

The screen doesnt really have any glare at all. Pretty decent in that respect.

My only complaint about the screen is the colors. They could be a little bit more vibrant and colorfull. Its not bad, but I have seen other laptops screens that will blow this out of the water. That being said, the other screens are not touch screens like the tc4200..