redemption form?

Discussion in 'Asus' started by dustinin, Jan 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattj

mattj Scribbler - Standard Member

yes i got an order fully processed a month n a half ago. The order form still says it hasn't been shipped.

I'm moving house soon.. so emailed them to complain n mention the move, but no reply in a week.

Microsoft made a GREAT choice by outsourcing this work. It is something that they will regret doing for a long time to come.

2. henryhu

henryhu Pen Pal - Newbie

What version of vista business did you guys order? 32bit or 64 bit?

3. pirround

pirround Pen Pal - Newbie

from Microsoft Upgradeweb:
    • The Upgrade Software will ship within approximately 4-6 weeks from the later of (a) the date your have completed the redemption order requirements or (b) the applicable language version of the requested Upgrade Software has been released in your country. The receipt of Upgrade Software is also subject to availability and product supplies.​

If Vista released January 30 then 4 weeks is February 27 while 6 weeks is March 13 so those of you who ordered early should be getting their DVDs any day now.

Disclaimer: I'm not likely to get bent about any delay as I am not planning to install Vista until I have a bunch of free time in June. /Disclaimer

@henryhu - I'm going with 64-bit Vista. I had a bad experience with a beta version of 64-bit XP on a desktop a year and a half ago, but hopefully things will go better this time round. Driver support is the main issue and 64-bit is the future.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. kwokzon

kwokzon Pen Pal - Newbie

Actually, this whole Vista upgrade situation isn't Asus related, it's a Moduslink/Microsoft issue. I have ordered an update both for my Tablet and for a Acer laptop; the Acer laptop has been validated and the proof of purchase has been verified so I got this email from ModusLink :

"Thank you for submitting your Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit CD/DVD OEM. Your validation is now complete and we will be processing your order. You should receive your order within 4-6 weeks and receive email confirmation when your order is shipped."

Nothing yet for my Asus R1F, but it shouldn't take much longer... (at least I hope!)

5. R D E

R D E Pen Pal - Newbie

I registered and sent my invoice to them about 2 months ago. I have also sent them a couple of emails asking simple questions like Has my order been validated?

I am yet to recieve any non automated reply. Its been 2 months now.

The whole process is complete w*nk

6. macuis

macuis Pen Pal - Newbie

I got an email yesterday saying that I my validation is complete, and should receive my disk within 4-6 weeks. At least my order status is different: "POP/COA Validated".

7. kwokzon

kwokzon Pen Pal - Newbie

Same here! It shouldn't be long till we start getting our updates, at least I hope so!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.