Recovery set/drive for 32GB Transformer Book T100t

Discussion in 'Asus' started by rockhunter, Nov 3, 2013.

1. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

When you use the MS Windows 8.1 recovery utilities on a 32GB T100t to build a bootable USB Flash Drive there is no option to copy the recovery partition to the Flash drive it only creates a bootable drive with a set of recovery utilities. If you look at the hard drive partitions there is no small 6 to 8 GB recovery partition that has a system image only a very small partition labeled "recovery" with a couple hundred Mb of utility programs.. It doesn't look like there is any way to reset/restore back to factory configuration or build a complete 8 GB recovery bootable USB Flash drive. The 32 GB Acer windows 8.0 tablets had a recovery set provided on DVD all of the 64 GB Windows 8.0 and 8.1 tablets I have seen so far have a recovery partition that includes a system image for use in doing a full restore. Anyone know of a straight forward way of creating a complete recovery USB.

update

Called ASUS support they provided a suggestion and reference to "ASUS Backtrack" and sent a URL in an email to down loaded the program, but it is 64bit Windows only so naturally does not work on the 32bit T100t

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
  2. rockhunter

rockhunter Pen Pal - Newbie

I can get a restore USB flash drive made with a T100 64 GB system, does anyone know if you can use the recovery image from one system with another system with the new systems in UEFI mode?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2013
    myt100 likes this.
  3. myt100

myt100 Pen Pal - Newbie

Have you gotten an answer to this as yet?
    If not I don't have the answer but a similar problem.

I have a bootable USB Flash that can boot my regular laptop and desktop PC to my NAS via RJ45 in order to access and restore the image.
    However, the bootable USB does not seem to be bootable from the T100 USB on the keyboard, even though it is recognized during boot (see attached)

If I could some how get the USB to boot the device, then I would be able to access the image on the NAS,
    But my next problem would be that I wont be able to connect a RJ45 cable because I used up the USB slot with the bootable USB.

The only way is if I get a micro USB to RJ45 adapter in order to connect the RJ 45 from the available micro USB slot on the tablet itself.
    OR
    If I was to boot from a micro SD card (if this tablet would even recognize it) and use a USB to RJ 45 adapter in the USB slot on the keyboard.

Any suggestions.

Attached Files:

4. olidanjou96

olidanjou96 Pen Pal - Newbie

Hello,
    I had the same problem with my T100TA. I searched a lot for 2 weeks and I found how to copy the 32-gb's recovery partition to a USB flash drive. This is what I did.

1. Go inside of PC Settings. Then, click Updates and Recovery and click Recovery. From their, click Refresh your PC without affecting your files and let it work. Just don't click next. While it works, go to the wizard that comes with Windows 8.1 and you should see the check box. Then, follow the procedure. At the end, just click finish and you can close up the reset your pc window. Warning: The recovery partition can only be visible twice. If you want to see it again, you will need to reset your PC.

5. hitham

hitham Pen Pal - Newbie

have a bootable USB Flash that can boot my regular laptop and desktop PC to my NAS via RJ45 in order to access and restore the image.
    However, the bootable USB does not seem to be bootable from the T100 USB on the keyboard, even though it is recognized during boot

6. hitham

hitham Pen Pal - Newbie

any answer