Recovery Partition

Discussion in 'Hewlett Packard' started by in4mer, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. in4mer

in4mer Scribbler - Standard Member

I've been trying to install the recovery partition on my SSD drive (upgraded from 250gb) and the program doesn't seem to be on the drivers/OS drives.

Can anyone help me as I am trying to "clone" the 250GB into the SSD drive? It's been such a headache. I'm trying to get this done before I leave the country but it seems all the fingers are pointing to getting a usb enclosure or adapter to USB. That means I need to leave the country to get it as if I order it now, I won't get it in time.

2. adam.mt

adam.mt Super Moderator Senior Member

If similar to most computers then the recovery partition will be a hidden one, thus if the 'recovery discs' that you can create to return the machine back to factory default fail to recreate it when installed to a blank harddisk, then you will indeed need to 'clone' your existing HDD to your SDD using software such as Norton Ghost or Acronis TrueImage (if you Google then there's free alternatives). Obviously, this will involve having both drives connected simultaneously somehow - whether a USB2 to SATA adaptor or mounting the drives in a desktop machine and running the procedure there.