Recovery disk for TP Yoga 12 Gen 1

Discussion in 'Lenovo (IBM)' started by SeanX, Jun 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeanX

SeanX Pen Pal - Newbie

Does anyone know where I can get a recovery disk for a generation 1 Thinkpad Yoga 12? I need to reset it before returning to IT but I deleted the partition to get more space.

2. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm curious if the recovery partition contains any licensing information specific to your machine, or if that's taken care of by the BIOS. I would think it would be the BIOS, but I don't know for sure, maybe someone else can chime in.

If the recovery partition is generic across all the TPY, you can send me an SD card and I'll clone the one I made.

From now on, I recommend creating recovery media with an SD card. You can utilize the tool in Windows and delete the partition afterwards to free up space, but you'll have it backed up to an SD card for situations like these. It's the first thing I do with any new machine I purchase.

3. SeanX

SeanX Pen Pal - Newbie

I did back it up :), I just can't find the backup. Thanks for the offer but I will just delete everything.

4. Mr. Boosh

Mr. Boosh Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Ah yes, the good ole losing the backup that you backed up :p.

I always install a fresh Windows 8.1 install anyways, as I like to start clean. Grab the Windows 8.1 ISO off Microsoft's website and create a bootable USB. Then just download the Lenovo update utility which will grab all the drivers. It's pretty quick.

I'm still curious about the Recovery partition, if it's machine specific or a general one.

5. ZackMuc

ZackMuc Pen Pal - Newbie

I got them from Lenovo support.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.