Rechargeable Bluetooth keyboards with touchpad

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ATIVQ, Sep 2, 2019.

1. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

What did I learn from all this? If I had just bought the Apple Wireless Keyboard, Magic Trackpad 2, and a tray that holds them together for $250, I would have saved myself a lot of grief and wasted time, and maybe even come out ahead in the long run.

2. Marty

Marty Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Did you end up getting this combo to work flawlessly with Windows? I've been researching this for a desktop setup myself, and I came across this video for using the Magic Trackpad with custom Windows Precision drivers:

Definitely looks pretty awesome! :)

3. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

You can get the official Apple drivers with Brigadier.
    I'm definitely not getting any more weird keyboards. When this one breaks (and it'll break, it feels sturdy as cardboard) I'm either returning to the Lenovo or buying an Apple keyboard and Magic Trackpad 2 with a tray to hold them together.
    Really wish the Corsair didn't have such poor build quality on the aluminum tabs.

4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Small update: HB216 has minor connection issues. Unlike the Corsair which never drops the connection, or the ThinkPad which frequently drops the connection and takes almost a minute to reconnect, the HB216 drops the connection a couple of times a day, but reconnecting is very quick - less than five seconds. Another relatively small issue is that I sometimes press Fn+C instead of CTRL+C which then prompts the pairing process, and it has to be cancelled by turning the keyboard off and on again to reconnect without re-pairing. Still wondering how long this flimsy thing will last.

5. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

Another small update: the touchpad settings no longer apply to the HB216's touchpad, which is identified as a mouse now. Can't disable tap-to-click or change the sensitivity any more. Now the only way to avoid accidental clicks is to toggle the touchpad before typing, which sucks.