Reasigning buttons in the built in PDF reader..is it possible?

Discussion in 'Asus (Android)' started by PF4Tablet, Dec 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

Hi all

Would it be possible to reassign the bottom touch buttons to perform functions like move to the left or move to the right right?
    I am trying to find a workaround for the size of the screen problem.
    Reading PDF on this screen size requires you to zoom in..but then you will have to continuously switch between the hand tool to move the document to the left or right or up and bottom and so you can read further ..and after that back to the pencil tool so you can take notes.
    I believe that it might be useful if you keep the current tool as "pen" or "highlighter" while you move the document with the bottom touch buttons

Would it be possible to change the functions of these buttons?

thanks
    PF

2. d.goryachev

d.goryachev Scribbler - Standard Member

I think that all buttons assignments is hardcoded, and there is no way to change it :(

There is a chance to write alternative pdf viewer, based on muPDF, but it will have only base functionality like scroll, zoom and so on - w/o annotating, etc.

I'm not sure that such viewer is better than native.

3. PF4Tablet

PF4Tablet Pen Pal - Newbie

I have seen you reasigning buttons for the other apps you were working on. ...was it possible because you had the source code?

So far I believe we have a couple of good options to read PDFs. The problem is that none of them has good annotation capabilities.

Looks like I will have to read with this....for now I am just rotating all the pages to landscape and read them like that...this way I have a wider view of the document without losing the annotations ...which disappear if you switch to landscape from within the built in viewer :-( as most of you already know.

Anyway I expected that the buttons should be coded at OS level... too bad they are not..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.