Really odd pen and touchpad problem

Discussion in 'Asus' started by TechnicalNightmare, Aug 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TechnicalNightmare

TechnicalNightmare Pen Pal - Newbie

I noticed this problem with my Bluetooth mouse when I first got it, but when i was using the laptop normally, at random times the crusor would just go to either the top left or bottom right corner of the screen and just continuously click there. I later realized that i had the exact same problem when using the pen and when using the touchpad. Restarting the computer dosen't help at all and when the crusor is in the corner it cannot be moved at all. It happens most often when my computer is not pluged into the charger and when i pull the penn off of the screen. I was wondering if this problem can be fixed manually or if i will have to send my computer in.

I would really like some help please.

2. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

It sounds as if the digitizer by 'pulling' the cursor off the screen has something making contact at the screen edges.

I have heard of a cursor continually scrolling across the screen but that's just a simple case of system corruption and is easily controlled by either closing down any open windows or a restart.

This however sounds more serious.

Just to rule out any hardware fault, have you tried running a System Restore?
    Pick a Restore Point before when the problem first started and see if it continues.

3. ddc

ddc Pen Pal - Newbie

4. FantasiaWHT

FantasiaWHT Pen Pal - Newbie

I usually fix it by rotating the screen twice

5. P8RSON

P8RSON Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Thanks guys...
    I notice you both subscribed to that particular thread; so can you look after TechnicalNightmare please.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.