Really disappointed with Application Development for Tablet PC's

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by DRTigerlilly, Mar 31, 2018.

1. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Hopefully The Roach will drop by and he'll know who to contact inside Microsoft. That is almost as bad as Samsung's Galaxy Store.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

2. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

So, inexplicably, Store search is now working from my location. "Microsoft" returns 1857 apps but, of course, none of them is Font Maker. Searching for "font maker" or "fontmaker" returns a few canned fonts and some miscellaneous apps, and that's it.

Microsoft has a real problem here. Store is a Microsoft app... arguably a very important Microsoft app... operating in a Microsoft OS and it doesn't work! WTF? I read that Microsoft's vision is now the Cloud and the Enterprise but consumers still constitute an important component of their current business. Microsoft has an obligation to us to get it right... but lately it's starting to look like they don't really care..!

dellaster and DRTigerlilly like this.
  3. dellaster

dellaster Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

And they want us to move away from "legacy" programs to Windows S Mode and Store Apps. Sheesh. Here's two consecutive searches within 30 seconds of each other, for "Microsoft" of all things, with drastically different results:

Screenshot_20180509-223240_Samsung Internet Beta-01.jpeg

Screenshot_20180509-223339_Samsung Internet Beta-01.jpeg

Steve S and WillAdams like this.
  4. thierryb

thierryb Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

dellaster likes this.
  5. thierryb

Searching "Microsoft font maker"
    upload_2018-5-10_11-19-1.png

dellaster likes this.
  6. jhoff80

jhoff80 Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm not currently on an Insider build on any of the PCs I've downloaded it on, but they have been on Insider in the past. Wonder if that's part of it.

7. thierryb

I am an insider.

8. Steve S

Steve S Pen Pro - Senior Member Super Moderator

No FontMaker today, either.

9. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

I just checked on the Microsoft Store for Microsoft Font Maker and Font Maker. I'm in Ohio on 1803. No results for Microsoft Font Maker. Font Maker returns some garbage applications in the results. But not this Microsoft application.

10. ORTOX

ORTOX Pen Pal - Newbie

Quick question to the community about OneNote. @crp852 isn't able to open the OneNote template that I created and shared with several of you. Here's the information he gave me:

"I have both the UWP OneNote and OneNote 2016 installed on both my desktop machine & Surface Pro 3. For both machines, when I first try to run OneNote Planner, a prompt appears: 'Specify the Notebook Properties' and I have to browse to a path for the notebook.

No matter what path I choose (local drive or a folder in my OneDrive), I get the following error: 'Currently, you can only create notebooks on OneDrive. Active an Office 365 subscription for more notebook options.' And then I can choose 'Learn more' or 'OK', and the install ends."

I personally have Office 365 Home. When I open the UWP, I can click on the More Notebooks... button and then it shows me all of my OneNote notebooks that aren't open that exist in OneDrive or that exist on my local computer. I just click on the one that says local computer and then it prompts me to move it to OneDrive.

Does this only happen if you're an Office 365 Personal or Home subscriber?