RANT CITY MOC ( "miserable old curmudgeons")

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Dec 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

2. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

It really is a shame. I really liked the surface book. But in its ever so fragile state, im going to give it a 3/10... It just doesnt work out of the box. The video display just hangs randomly. Connected standby is a mess... Sleep/hibernate? You mean battery drain and overheating?

They made their own hardware.... why cant the software they made work perfectly in unison with the hardware.

3. jhoff80

jhoff80 Pen Pro - Senior Member Senior Member

Unfortunately, that's nothing new. Microsoft generally doesn't release updates in December or January.

If anyone remembers, the Pro 2 had a major battery reporting issue in a firmware update 2 years ago, and while they pulled the update after a couple weeks, it took until February before it was fixed for those of us who updated the firmware. In that specific case, the battery reported as being half the actual capacity.

There's been other instances too, but that's a particularly memorable one for me. But yeah, it's always been crazy to me that Microsoft is putting so many big releases in November - December (W10, W10M, Xbox, plus 4 new devices) right before they basically take two months off.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  4. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

So you're saying there's a chance my fingerprint sensor might work on Windows 10 by February?

5. dstrauss

What seems to be the problem - I've got the finger print Type Cover matched up with my SP3 and it is working great (knocks on wood)...

6. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

This to me is akin to newspapers and publishers cutting off proofreaders from their payrolls and making the writer responsible for text correction. It "just doesn't work" for the simple reason that you are blind to your own mistakes. Your brain expects to see a certain something there, be it text or code, and because of that, this is what it will see. The final product always suffer, just the other day I read the latest Vince Flynn novel (posthumous) and it was obvious the publisher has pushed it through the publishing process because I found at least ten mistakes in it. Imagine how many mistakes a native speaker would have found.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Marty and dstrauss like this.
  7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Sheesh, what a lame rant.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.

Mesosphere and dstrauss like this.
  8. dstrauss

:p:p:p:p:p:cool:

9. ATIVQ

ATIVQ V⅁O⅄ Senior Member

The fingerprint sensor issue isn't on the Surface Book, it's a general Windows 10 issue with Synaptics (Validity) fingerprint sensors on Asus, HP, Lenovo, and Fujitsu devices, among others.

10. JoeS

JoeS I'm all ears Senior Member

Or rather to save money on face cream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.