RANT CITY MOC ( "miserable old curmudgeons")

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Dec 3, 2015.

1. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

DOODS. I'm still using Windows 7 with no issues!

:p

eltos_lightfoot and dstrauss like this.
  2. sonichedgehog360

sonichedgehog360 AKA Hifihedgehog Senior Member

Naw, Windows 2000 is where it's at. It was one of the few pert near BSOD-less, lightweight, no-nonsense OSes Microsoft ever made. XP was an absolute mess compared to 2000 until Service Pack 2, and still a resource hog even after that. Besides, scientific evidence shows Windows 2000 is the most efficient OS ever for SSD's, which happily chug away in many tablets. Pity touchscreen and other driver support was practically non-existent leaving a virtual machine as the only viable option for Windows 2000.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
    WillAdams likes this.
  3. WillAdams

WillAdams Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

Yeah, I was very sad when my Fujitsu Stylistic ST2300 which I'd managed to get to run Windows 2000 w/ the Compaq Concerto FinePoint Digitizer driver died.

Still bummed about having to stop using my Fujitsu Stylistic ST4121 and its daylight-viewable display 'cause Windows XP got EOL'd and websites started running so much JavaScript a 933MHz Pentium couldn't even browse the web.

Rather regretting not getting an Axiotron Modbook --- I'd still be fine w/ Mac OS X 10.6.8

4. stoneseeker

stoneseeker Animator and Art Director Senior Member

hahaha I love this thread. We're all a bunch of salty old curmudgeons!

dstrauss likes this.
  5. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Code for Grumpy Old B@$!@#d's...?

stoneseeker likes this.
  6. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

Im young but there are days when I wanna say get off my lawn!

7. surfaceproartist

surfaceproartist Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

I'm old but determined to be as open-minded about technology as possible. Now music on the other hand...

soh5 and dstrauss like this.
  8. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

OMFG this POS did the same thing today, black screen would not come out of hibernation. when I got it back up it was down to 20% and I left it at around 45 , if there is no update soon for this I am taking it back to BestBuy and not loking back anymore I have HAD IT.

9. sitongia

sitongia Scribbler - Standard Member

I hear you, @metalsiren. I feel the same way. I'm just so frustrated by all of my 8" Windows tablet experiences. I can't get much done with it, seriously. When I take it to a talk to take notes, I usually find that I open it up and the screen stays black. Power-up-button, power-down-button, everything I can do to get it back. Usually have to reboot. 5 minutes into the talk, I can take some notes. Palm rest rejection usually doesn't work, so I end up with a lot of chicken scratches on the right edge of the page. Sometimes I can't clear the alerts from the lower right of the screen. Lots of other things.

It's like I see about 3 problems per hour using it. My iPad just doesn't do that a 10th as much, but then it doesn't have the functionality, either. It's not a full-fledged computer.

Slow hardware, crude software, lots of problems. I wish I could install Linux on this POS HP Envy 8 Note...

10. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

Are sure they're both not full-fledged computers.