RANT CITY MOC ( "miserable old curmudgeons")

Discussion in 'Microsoft' started by dstrauss, Dec 3, 2015.

1. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

I have been SERIOUSLY looking at the iPad Pro and Semi-Pro, but I keep running into a single insurmountable obstacle - NO FILE SYSTEM. I have an Air, so I've tried using FileBrowser, and it does do a great job connecting to our network server (across the network or by VPN) and showing me our files (which are organized in a rigid directory structure by client/case) BUT you can't just open a file, review/edit it, AND PUT IT BACK WHERE IT CAME FROM. Your only option is to "Open a Copy In _______" which is the chosen App you want to use. So I open a copy in Word (a very good mobile version of Word by the way) but then I either have to save locally in the Word container of files, save it in a cloud somewhere (OneDrive, Dropbox, iCloud), or do a multi-juggle work around and email it back to Outlook and go to my desktop and either manually move it back from the cloud or the Outlook attachment.

Can you spell S U C K S? And that dumb-@$$ Schiller thinks these can replace "so sad five year old Windows machines?" Looks like Apple has grown its own monkey-boy to compete with the nonsense that once came from Ballmer's mouth...

They can call it "shillin' with Schiller..."

2. metalsiren

metalsiren Scribbler - Standard Member Senior Member

agreed, IOS limitation make it suck bad at times... which is BS since if you jailbroke it, it can do so much more... you can get access to the file system etc. I just wish they would allow it on the mainstream OS.... I would be nice if you had a choice of an OS for you IPP.. for example IOSX, something that's IOS but has more pro feaures like looking at file system etc... OSX on it would be nice but I think even a slight hybrid like the IOSX would go a long way.

that and having a trackpad on the keyboard (or being able to even support a BT mouse for the love of god)....

but back to the SP4 rant, at least is most cases my IPP has not had the problems that my SP4 does.. hell even my Pixel C on Android N preview works better at battery drain and battery drain during sleep than my SP4 does. I just wish they would fix the inconstancies with the SP4 and it would be fine. lets face it WHEN its working its working great but its not 100% reliable on waking from sleep, power drain during sleep (or even power drain when not in sleep... they can do better with the battery and CPU) , etc......I mean right now its like having a 2016 car that sometimes doesn't start and that to me is a BIG problem... I don't know if I will consider another SP if they cant get these units stable. and I have had most of them like the people on here...

and the other thing I really don't want to say is I feel i can take notes better on my IPP than the SP4 (and I really HATE to say that)....

WillAdams likes this.
  3. dstrauss

dstrauss Comic Relief Senior Member

OK - I'll rise to that bait - have you tried the IPP with OneNote? What do you think? (I may go desktop with an IPP if I can reliably take handwritten notes, especially now that OneNote iOS supports lassoing and moving notes!

4. metalsiren

its all I use (IPP with onenote) and I think its better than my SP4... you might want to borrow one and try it out if there is no apple store near you (not sure if they have the pencil out to play with at all BB stores for example)... mine is the 12.9 but it works now on the new 9.7 one (My wife has the 9.7 ones and the pencil doesn't work any different all)

WillAdams likes this.
  5. Cuhulin

Cuhulin Scribbler - Standard Member

Have been wondering about this as well. Does the weight of the 12.9 bother you? Differences you see between the 12.9 and 9.7?

6. metalsiren

Personally I like the 12.9, weight doesn't bother me that much.. It's less than sp4....also want the higher ram and the full cpu since the 9.7 is gimped a little. Because bestbuy is running 100 off, the 12.9 is only 100 more than the 9.7 and I think it's worth it. Granted the camer is better and true tone on 9.7 but that's it really and I can live without them

Personally just try it out , even if you take it home bestbuy has 15 day full refund if you don't like it or even up to 45 days if your elite plus member.

7. Kumabjorn

Kumabjorn ***** is back Senior Member

Worst. Rant. Ever.

Yes, I'm happy to see you and that is a Sony Xperia in my pocket

JoeS, hiramkey and Azzart like this.
  8. soh5

soh5 Wait and Hope (Bronsky et al.) Senior Member

How are you able to ink in one note while panning? I can't pan and write with the pencil at all.

9. metalsiren

how about this

F**King POS did the black screen after hibernation today with crash that said something like Driver power state failure.... OMFG this POS is really starting to piss me the F**K off.......

10. metalsiren

I am a moron so can you explain what you mean by panning? if I am even doing that at all.